Legend Secret Cruise, I'm about to Burst!!

peacebeach

I booked a cruise today for December, and have planned on keeping it a secret for a while, at least until November when my husband's birthday rolls around.

Problem is, I am doing everything I can to not excitedly run into the living room and tell him what I've done!

Will you please help me out with tips and tricks on keeping a secret cruise, well secret?

It's only day 1 and I suspect that I will not be able to hold out until November or until tomorrow!

This will be our 3rd cruise and our 1st balcony, so even when I do tell him- I will not divulge that it is a balcony. Yikes! Sorry if this is cheesy, just have the cruise rush going.

Awesome idea but I know I couldn't keep it a secret that long!

Good Luck to you..even if you tell him beforehand you can plan other secret surprises and you'll have fun discussing it together before you go!

We're on the legend in Dec too! I can't wait!

Cruised on her before but still special...

Thanks guys!! I like the idea about telling, but then planning other things, but I will at least try to make it through day 1.

I am in true awe of those who can plan secret vacations, engagements and even those who can plan surprise parties.

I have traipsed a bit through the boards about how to spill the secret and there are some truly great ideas out there. Is anyone else also keeping a cruise or another trip under wraps right now?

I booked a cruise today for December, and have planned on keeping it a secret for a while, at least until November when my husband's birthday rolls around.

Problem is, I am doing everything I can to not excitedly run into the living room and tell him what I've done!

Will you please help me out with tips and tricks on keeping a secret cruise, well secret?

It's only day 1 and I suspect that I will not be able to hold out until November or until tomorrow!

This will be our 3rd cruise and our 1st balcony, so even when I do tell him- I will not divulge that it is a balcony. Yikes! Sorry if this is cheesy, just have the cruise rush going.

No its not cheesy. I would be excited too! Just go on to the roll call for your cruise and chat there when ever you get excited and maybe you will be able to hold off telling for a while. My sister and I are going to Alaska in 2 weeks. She knows about the cruise and knows I originally booked a Balcony (her first balcony) amost 1 year ago BUT about 6 months ago I upgraded us to a minisuite. I've been just bursting to tell and have told here at CC and also friends we have in common but I have managed not to tell her. I'm hoping to have her get on board expecting a small room and be surprised by a big one with a tub and walk in closet. Just yesterday she said "If there is not room in the closet for all my clothes I will just leave them in the suitcase and store it under the bed". I was sooooo tempted to tell her she won't have to worry about closet space. If you end up telling your husband, try to keep it a secret that it is a Balcony. It will still be a nice surprise for him!

Wish I could help but I'm no good at it. Booked ours on the Legend in November and was going to surprise my wife on Christmas (in addition to other gifts) but told her the next day.

If you let it out just know there's a lot of fun in planning things out you'll do on the cruise together

I booked my second cruise about 4 months out as a surprise to my then-husband, but I ended up spilling the beans about two weeks after I booked it. I'm horrible at secrets!

I think that I made the melon ball drinks and had two of the plastic Carnival hurricane glasses to put it in...he asked what possessed me to get them down to use, and I said "just practicing for October...". I led him on with other little comments until I confessed. I know, not very original, but it was all I could think of and waiting just the two weeks darn near killed me.

He was excited for a surprise getaway but not that it was a cruise...he decided that he hated cruising. That's why I had to divorce him and get a new model. :D

I know what you are trying to do,I kept one a secret for a Christmas present and now I am keeping the Dec 2013 cruise as secret for a birthday present next March (went ahead a booked for the great rate and reduced deposit and OBC) Good Luck keeping the secret...

I surprised my mom with a cruise. I had planned it and booked it and kept it a secret for about 2 months until her birthday came. I made a certificate with a photo of the ship and put it in a frame for her to open. It took her a minute to digest it. We still had 6 months until the cruise at that point.

I, too, had booked a balcony BUT she thought we had an inside cabin. THIS I kept secret until we boarded. At that point she had only cruised once before in an OV so she was very surprised and happy. It was really hard not to let it slip. Once she knew about the cruise and we talked and planned it was hard and I don't know how I went all those months without making some easy mistake about the balcony! It was totally worth keeping the secret to see her face when we stepped into the cabin!! :D

No its not cheesy. I would be excited too! Just go on to the roll call for your cruise and chat there when ever you get excited and maybe you will be able to hold off telling for a while. My sister and I are going to Alaska in 2 weeks. She knows about the cruise and knows I originally booked a Balcony (her first balcony) amost 1 year ago BUT about 6 months ago I upgraded us to a minisuite. I've been just bursting to tell and have told here at CC and also friends we have in common but I have managed not to tell her. I'm hoping to have her get on board expecting a small room and be surprised by a big one with a tub and walk in closet. Just yesterday she said "If there is not room in the closet for all my clothes I will just leave them in the suitcase and store it under the bed". I was sooooo tempted to tell her she won't have to worry about closet space. If you end up telling your husband, try to keep it a secret that it is a Balcony. It will still be a nice surprise for him!

Funny.....another surprise I did was when I took my DD on a cruise for her 21st. She knew we had a blacony but I did the same thing you did and bumped it up to a suite when I got a call from the Upgrade Fairy. I did NOT tell her. This was more difficult than the time with my mom because my DD had scoured the deck plans online and was well aware of our cabin # and location. I had to hide the documents from her when we boarded, pretend to "forget" to the put the luggage tags on until we reached the port and she was no longer interested in watching me and make up a reason for being in the VIP lounge BUT it all worked out in the end. I even made up a way to go to the cabin a few minutes before her so I could put on music and be in a good spot to get a picture of her.

Sometimes planning the surprise helps takes the edge off not telling!!That and chatting on CC of course :)

We are keeping our cruise a secret from the boys for this December. They've never been on one, and they believe we're just going to south Texas for a week. We'll be telling them on the morning that we're switching hotels (which is basically the truth), and we'll let them know when we get to the port. One of them has been wondering about why they need swimsuits and dress-up clothes. We think we've given good explanations, but they may be starting to figure it out. It's not easy.

My sister and I are going to Alaska in 2 weeks. She knows about the cruise and knows I originally booked a Balcony (her first balcony) amost 1 year ago BUT about 6 months ago I upgraded us to a minisuite. I've been just bursting to tell and have told here at CC and also friends we have in common but I have managed not to tell her. I'm hoping to have her get on board expecting a small room and be surprised by a big one with a tub and walk in closet. Just yesterday she said "If there is not room in the closet for all my clothes I will just leave them in the suitcase and store it under the bed". I was sooooo tempted to tell her she won't have to worry about closet space. If you end up telling your husband, try to keep it a secret that it is a Balcony. It will still be a nice surprise for him!

You are an amazing sister!! You're going to have a great time, what a great surprise!:)

Booked ours on the Legend in November and was going to surprise my wife on Christmas (in addition to other gifts) but told her the next day.

Haha! It's the next day for me, I'll see if I can make it a little more:)

I am taking the kids (17 and 16 and a 17 yr old friend) on the Conquest for Spring Break in March (for two of them it will be a first cruise) and they think we have an interior room....almost spill it EVERY DAY that I actually got a balcony!!! Probably won't be able to keep it a secret 311 more days!!! :eek:

Good luck!!! Even you do "cave" ,it will be an amazing time and plenty of time to plan more secrets....:D

I am currently keeping a secret related to our New Years Eve cruise! My husband knows that we booked an obstructed view interior (you know, the ones with the french doors that look at the undersides of the lifeboats) on the Legend. When the ES price dropped, though, I was able to upgrade to an obstructed balcony. I have been keeping this a secret and having a very hard time not telling him too!! I am planning on waiting until we get to the room and ask him to check out the french doors to see what we can see. Then he will see the balcony! I'm sure that it will not be as awesome as our Aft Wrap on the Victory last fall but it will certainly be nice to go outside from our room. :) This will be our son's first balcony, though, so I am looking forward to his reaction as well!

I'm really good at secrets, but I wouldn't try to keep that one secret--the anticipation is too much fun! I would love it if someone booked a cruise for me, but I would miss the time leading up to and all the planning and dreaming that go along with it. But, then, I'm a planner. :D

Like Khinson, my ex decided he didn't like cruising so he had to go! LOL.

Archived