Premium Alcohol Package

jaz33

I'm sure I read somewhere that the price limit for the Premium Alcohol Beverage package had increased to $13.75 (I think) and that the Molecular Bar cocktails had also increased.

Can anyone who has recently cruise either confirm or deny this?

Regards

Since you are posting from England, you may be seeing one of the effects of the dual pricing on all the drinks purchased on board and on these drinks packages. For those in the US, the price of beverages you will see on the price lists and the ticket you sign does not include the 15% service charge, which is listed on its own separate line. For those cruises which begin in Southampton, the price includes the service charge. So a $12 drink in the US would have $1.80 added as service charge/gratuity/tip. The same drink if ordered on a Southampton cruise would be listed as $13.80. So as I understand it, the premium package for the Southampton cruises would include drinks up to $13.80, but on the US-based cruises would include drinks priced up to $12.

Since you are posting from England, you may be seeing one of the effects of the dual pricing on all the drinks purchased on board and on these drinks packages. For those in the US, the price of beverages you will see on the price lists and the ticket you sign does not include the 15% service charge, which is listed on its own separate line. For those cruises which begin in Southampton, the price includes the service charge. So a $12 drink in the US would have $1.80 added as service charge/gratuity/tip. The same drink if ordered on a Southampton cruise would be listed as $13.80. So as I understand it, the premium package for the Southampton cruises would include drinks up to $13.80, but on the US-based cruises would include drinks priced up to $12.

Agree, personally, I prefer the all inclusive price, as you know what it will cost without having to do all the math.:D

Archived