Organic milk?

Lollipoop

Hi all!

First time cruiser and poster here!

I'm taking my 14 mth old daughter with me this weekend on a 7 day bermuda cruise. Just have a quick question for all. Do they have organic whole milk on board? Or should I bring my own? The only reason we have her on organic is because it seems to be the only milk that helps her constipation, not trying to be a pain or anything. We are sailing on Celebrity. I had already been planning to get some type of drink package but not sure if they would have it.

Any help would be appreciated!

I am almost positive they do not carry organic milk. You could always call the Nutrition & Special Diets department of the cruise line to find out for sure & see what can be done on their's or your part. I do know they carry soy milk, however but thats about as far as it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a little confused by your post, as whether or not milk is organic should have nothing to do with constipation.

I have never seen organic milk on any cruise.

Yes, I wasn't aware org vs. non-org made a difference on that one. I have heard of soy or almond milk helping though.

Sounds like you can either bring some organic milk (I love the singles from Horizon :) ) or bring something that will help with constipation if it happens. Hope you have a great time! Our first cruise with our DD was when she was 13 months and it was a wonderful vacation. :D

Ok seems I'll probably take my own.

Side note: we've tried different kinds of milk and for MY daughter it just seemed organic was the only kind that did not make her constipated. I can't explain it but it's just what works for her.

Thanks for the answers

I wouldn't count on it being available....if you can find it in the boxes that don't require refridgeration, then bring some.

Perhaps cutting back on milk altogether would help her, too. My nephew had a milk problem...cutting back helped immensely!

Sam's Club has the Horizon singles by the case and its the best deal I have found.

I would make sure the cruiseline will let you bring it though (regulations on drinks vary quite a bit between the different cruiselines).

No organic milk that I am aware of but also no organic produce or foods either. You coulld bring all your own food/milk for your baby or just do non-organic for a week. A week shoudnt really make much of a difference as far as pesticides are concerned its when the levels build up in the body over chronic use.

No they don't have any organic milk on the Summit. We were on there last summer. Since you are local - I would recommend getting a case of Horizon milk boxes. Those will work for the week. I brought soy milk boxes on our trip (DD is allergic to milk). It will also be easier for you with the milk boxes when you go ashore. You can bring them with you since they are shelf stable.

Etd to add you could try to request it but I wouldn't because there is a good chance it might not make it on there. It is so much easier to bring it yourself. Milk is not a problem to bring on board. BTW we brought a case of bottled water with us and a suitcase with soy milk boxes and some snacks that my DD could eat.

You may have a problem storing the milk, if it has to be kept cold. The refrigerators on Summit don't keep things cold, barely lukewarm. So, you might have a real problem because rules prevent them from taking any kind of passenger foods and storing them in their galley. You may also have to bring your own cooler and keep the milk cold with ice.

I haven't seen organic milk on any cruise ship.

However, you know what every cruise ship does have? Prunes. Yes, seriously. They're sweet, so kids generally love them. When DS was younger we'd add a prune to his breakfast every morning. No problems on that end. Hee.

You may have a problem storing the milk, if it has to be kept cold. The refrigerators on Summit don't keep things cold, barely lukewarm. So, you might have a real problem because rules prevent them from taking any kind of passenger foods and storing them in their galley. You may also have to bring your own cooler and keep the milk cold with ice.

The boxes suggested are similar to juice boxes and are individual servings. They are shelf stable and therefore require no refrigeration.

I love the horizon milk and have some singles packed for our cruise tomorrow :)

OP; been thinking about this one an the main difference between reg and org (besides lack of chemicals) is the pasteurization process. For org milk it's at a much higher temp for a shorter time so it's possible that the different pasteurization process is killing off the element that is giving your ds a problem. Just a theory :)

Archived