Drinks in cabins

sanmarco

yes we were on the azura at xmas & they have a duty free shop on board i'm sure the ventura is the same. Very good prices as well think it was £10 for gordans gin . Enjoy :)

Ask your cabin steward and he will get it for you! Also usually a special deal on mixers.

Just beware the "ice-man" who comes to fill up your ice bucket every night. He usually came whilst I was in the shower and on the first occasion he wanted to empty the ice bucket in the sink.My husband was asleep on the balcony and didnt hear him come in. He knocked on bathroom door and announced his intentions - when I said it wasnt possible cos I was in shower - he replied "Well, I'l be quick!" !!

After that my husband met him at the cabin door with the emptied ice-bucket!

Ask your cabin steward and he will get it for you! Also usually a special deal on mixers.

Just beware the "ice-man" who comes to fill up your ice bucket every night. He usually came whilst I was in the shower and on the first occasion he wanted to empty the ice bucket in the sink.My husband was asleep on the balcony and didnt hear him come in. He knocked on bathroom door and announced his intentions - when I said it wasnt possible cos I was in shower - he replied "Well, I'l be quick!" !!

After that my husband met him at the cabin door with the emptied ice-bucket!

Just be careful as drinks supplied by cabin stewards are much more expensive as they come from the bars. Buy duty-free from the shop to consume in your cabin and it is much much cheaper and perfectly acceptable by P&O.

£8 a bottle for Teachers Scotch, from Arcadia shop, when I was on her Syd-Sou, March/April. Lubberly Jubberly. Should be more of it. I wonder if P&O will allow this concession to continue?

Beware - P & O policy may have changed.

On Aurora this month, duty-free shop had a properly-printed/laminated sign saying drinks purchased will be held til the end of the cruise. Much like other cruise lines. We were told this was a new policy.

Apparently, later they had a "specials" day, when drinks could be bought & taken.:rolleyes:

No wonder there are conflicting posts :confused:

BTW, don't know about other ships, but only spirits were available.

We'd taken our own wines & soft drinks & were glad we'd done so.

JB :)

we were on Ventura in March and purchased two 1 litre bottles of vodka. It was £15 for the two and they were available to collect a few hours after purchase and we had them in cabin which was nice to have a drink on the balcony, we went to supermarkets on port days for the cola to go in it! hubby doesnt drink very often so more for me!! only joking, it is nice to have a relaxing drink on balcony but the cocktails on board are really nice too.

The policy seems to have changed since April, when we bought gin easily on Oceana. Now there appears to be a delay - last week on a 7 night Ventura cruise passengers couldn't collect bottles until day 4, so we are taking our own gin. I'm sure matters will become more clear a bit later in the year.

We were on the Arcadia late April early May and the price for the in cabin bar were rather shocking e.g.Teachers £20 00, Bombay sapphire £24 00, Eristoff vodka, £22 00. After loads of complaints a new duty free price list was published e.g. Teachers £10 00, Gordons Gin £12 00 Smirnoff £12 00 it was stressed that this was for taking ashore or consumption in cabin only.

Cheers Petrochelli.

We had a great cruise:):)

The policy seems to have changed since April, when we bought gin easily on Oceana. Now there appears to be a delay - last week on a 7 night Ventura cruise passengers couldn't collect bottles until day 4, so we are taking our own gin. I'm sure matters will become more clear a bit later in the year.

The new system works like this

1 You can still buy your booze from the cabin steward/butler it come from the bars and is about £20.00+

2. The duty free shop, run by Hardings along with the other shops on board will take orders from day one but is only open 3/4 days on a 14 night cruise. The prices are slightly up on the original prices on Ventura eg. Gordons £12.

3. The first day it was available was day 3.

4. If you are desperate for a drink in your cabin on days 1,2,3. then bring your own, we would take a half a bottle.

5. I also would appear that the offer on the mixers has been removed.

Of course this could all change next week/month/year.

Happy "hic" Cruising:D

:cool:

:cool:

Dai

Just come off Azura. All orders for drinks from the duty free shop were to be collected at the end of the cruise apart from day 4 when they could be collected the same day. Looks like the duty free shops have impacted on bar sales hence the restrictions.

Archived