Dress Up or Not Night (New Years Cruise) on Epic

Avril

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]I know that New Years Eve will be a "Formal Night" for a lot of people :D but I'm just wondering, will that count as NCL's Dress Up or Not Night or will there be another one some other time in the cruise? I'm just trying to figure out how many Formal dresses I need to bring with me. I love the Formal nights, theyre my favourite nights of the cruise!!!! :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]I have another quick question (sorry)!!!! :o How "Dress Up" is "Dress Up" on NCL? Is it "Sunday going to church" dress up or is it more like "Wedding/Prom" dress up? I prefer the "Wedding/Prom" (I have the perfect dress that I wore when I was a Bridesmaid in my friend's wedding) :D but don't want to look like an idiot if everyone else goes for the "Sunday at church" option!! :eek:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Thanks!!!! :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

One thing i really love about NCL is that you can choose how casual or how formal you want to dress. For someone who hates to dress up NCL was a great choice
Sailed last year on the gema nd wore khakis and a button down shirt. Believe it or not that was formal for me
i am a jeans and t shirt kind a guy
Cheers!!

IMO dress up or not night on NCL, is a way for NCL to explain why one or two nights on your cruise you may have photographers climbing out of the woodwork :D

I've never done New Years, but would assume that night may have more dressed up than normally would. Perhpas someone with experience on NCL at New Years could help further.

Seriously I really didn't notice many more passengers dressing up for "dress up or not" except in the atrium where the photographers were set up. For dinner in the MDR we had a couple waiting in front of us to enter the restaurant in very casual clothes and the 4 people behind us decked out for the ritz. So you will see just about everything in clothing styles.

I'd say about 5% max changed what they were wearing compared to a normal night. Again there is no such thing as Formal night on NCL. But dress up or not usually coincides with say photos with the captain which a lot of traditional cruisers liked.

Pants(trousers) and open neck polo/shirt will be just as acceptable as someone in a Tux. Personally I wouldn't change for NYE as more likely to be A) dancing or B) spill something down it later that night!!

[COLOR=Navy]Wear what makes you feel comfortable it truly is "Dress Up or Not"!

Most people will go for a "Sunday best" look (that's usually my option) which can mean different things to different people, but you'll also find people formally attired. You won't look strange and the dressier you are the more compliments you'll get, so enjoy! On my last cruise I wore a nice dress for Dress Up or Not and a nicer cocktail dress on a completely different evening. It's never odd. People dress as they feel comfortable.[/COLOR]

[quote name='xenagurl'][COLOR=navy]Wear what makes you feel comfortable it truly is "Dress Up or Not"! [/COLOR]

[COLOR=navy]Most people will go for a "Sunday best" look (that's usually my option) which can mean different things to different people, but you'll also find people formally attired. You won't look strange and the dressier you are the more compliments you'll get, so enjoy! On my last cruise I wore a nice dress for Dress Up or Not and a nicer cocktail dress on a completely different evening. It's never odd. People dress as they feel comfortable.[/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Ok, that's great to know (that Dress Up or Not really means just that), thanks a lot!! :D So a Bridemaid's dress (long and strapless) from a Formal wedding would be ok? I just don't want anyone to say (or even think) "Uh, didn't anyone tell you that this is a [I]casual[/I] cruise line (where dress up means Sunday at church or at the office)?" :eek: :o[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Thanks again all!!!! :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Avril'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Ok, that's great to know (that Dress Up or Not really means just that), thanks a lot!! :D So a Bridemaid's dress (long and strapless) from a Formal wedding would be ok? I just don't want anyone to say (or even think) "Uh, didn't anyone tell you that this is a [I]casual[/I] cruise line (where dress up means Sunday at church or at the office)?" :eek: :o[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Thanks again all!!!! :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

No, no one will say that to you! If it really is formal save it for the new years eve party. If you have a cocktail length dress I'd wear that whenever you felt like, even if it's not dress up or not night!! You will find that NCL passengers don't mind what you are wearing, unless its a ratty tshirt and ripped jeans :D

[quote name='Sauer-kraut']No, no one will say that to you! If it really is formal save it for the new years eve party. If you have a cocktail length dress I'd wear that whenever you felt like, even if it's not dress up or not night!! You will find that NCL passengers don't mind what you are wearing, unless its a ratty tshirt and ripped jeans :D[/quote]

I agree.

I wouldn't even notice the ratty tshirt or the ripped jeans. I do however notice those that have their jeans/pants worn way too low. But I just think that is the mother/grandmother in me that wants to go and give them help to pull their pants up. ;)

[quote name='Avril'][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Ok, that's great to know (that Dress Up or Not really means just that), thanks a lot!! :D So a Bridemaid's dress (long and strapless) from a Formal wedding would be ok? I just don't want anyone to say (or even think) "Uh, didn't anyone tell you that this is a [I]casual[/I] cruise line (where dress up means Sunday at church or at the office)?" :eek: :o[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=black]Thanks again all!!!! :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy]Yup like everyone said, I think you'll find NCL cruisers pretty open. Most people enjoy seeing others look formally attired even if that's not the way they choose to dress, if anything you'll be complimented. Saving it for the Eve party is a great way to welcome a new year in style if you're feeling funny about it. I wouldn't though, have a great time! :D[/COLOR]

I honestly dont mind how anyone else dresses.
We sailed New Year's a couple of years ago and we dressed to the nines and loved it! I even wore spike heels(for about 2 hours anyway;))
We spend every other New Years's in jeans so [B]we[/B] really wanted to dress up.
But whatever floats [B]your[/B] boat.

Archived