Alaska - getting started!

Scoup

I don't have a travel agent! Should I go through an on-line travel agency. Should I go through an Alaskan travel agent or my local travel agency? I pretty much know I want to go through Princess, should I go through a Princess travel agent? Where do I begin? We have 6 adults and 6 kids and we know we want to go to Alaska in July 2013!:confused:

If you know what you want to do, ship, cabins I generally search several vendors and pick the one that saves me the most, or gives me the most credit.

I've never seen an advantage going to a specific TA.

You have cruised before, so how did you book that cruise? Were you happy with the way that went? If so, you may be fine doing it the same way again.

On the other hand, you know you want Princess but seem to have questions about which itinerary, which ship, etc.

I suggest finding a travel agency that specializes in cruises (preferably one who books many Princess cruises) and is knowledgable about Alaska cruising. Hopefully you will find one that is able to discount your cruise or provide OBC.

You have lots of time and with a party of 12 you should be able to cut a pretty reasonable deal. So I would be interviewing some TA who you may find in your local paper and/or online and hammer out the best price you can. Princess is not likely going to give you the best deal.

I have used both a TA and Princess. So far I am liking princess better, only because out of the blue our TA company that had been in business for years filed bankrupcy and left alot of us hanging with either partial booking or no bookings but took our money, so I have a bit of a sour taste at this point. Yes I know this is a shot in the dark that it would happen again, but....at this time I didnt chance it so I called to princess and was extremely happy with the service and the cabin I got for three of us. Now I am waitng for them to call me with an upgrade fairy call;). But like others have said it is a personal prefernce and maybe talk to friends for recommendations of TA's that they have used, call and ask questions and than start the old comaprisson game. GOOD LUCJ AND ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!

Archived