Buying bottomless bubbles card after ship sails?

braz88

If you purchase the BB package in advance from BV, when can you take advantage of it? Is your S&S already stamped at embarkation, or what? My daughter will want a soda with lunch when we board, so if they deliver a voucher to your room late on the first day, like they do with excursions, that will be too late.

Carnival does allow you to purchase your soda cards before sailing. mine are purchased now and i don't said until 9-8-12 for 2 adults it costs me 117.02 for our 8 day cruise.. call this no# 1-800-522-7648 or 1-800-906-7603, im sorry ican't remember which no# it is but they will gladly take your money lol

If you purchase the BB package in advance from BV, when can you take advantage of it? Is your S&S already stamped at embarkation, or what? My daughter will want a soda with lunch when we board, so if they deliver a voucher to your room late on the first day, like they do with excursions, that will be too late.

I would call the above number and verify if the sticker will be attached to your sail & sign card when you check in or if it will be in an envelope in your cabin. Obviously, if it's in an envelope, you'll have to buy it on the Lido deck before you enjoy your lunch.

you can go to any of the bars as soon as you arrive and they have the list of all pre-paid names, yes i paid taxes but but for me it was easier to just have it done and outta the way.. i've done this the last 3 yrs. in a row. one less thing for me to have to pay for. once im on the boat. you can wait til after your at sea and save the the $6.

Not just after setting sail but in international waters, right? That can be a few hours.

Yes, it is once you enter international waters....you can also wait until the following morning since you're paying for a partial day on day 1.

Where do you buy Bottomless Bubbles after the first day, Guest Services? When I cruised back in January there was a table (and a longish line leading to it) set up on the Lido, but it was gone by that evening. I think I'd like to save a bit of money and get it on Day 2. :)

BTW, the insulated drink cup on CCL is not required and is basically a $5 souvenir. I mention this because it's different from RCCL, where the insulated cup is included in the price and actually activates the fountain soda machine on the pool deck (you can't use the machine without having the cup, but you can also get free sodas from any bar, in the MDR, etc., like on Carnival).

I really wish CCL would let you purchase Bottomless Bubbles in advance on their website like RCCL does: it's easier, it involves one less line to wait in, and your sailing card is pre-embossed with a free-soda symbol instead of a small sticker like CCL does. (I think it was also gratuity-free.)

ditto to that, but I don't think all RCI ships all have fountains on the Pool Deck.

ditto to that, but I don't think all RCI ships all have fountains on the Pool Deck.

You're correct...the only RCCL that have the self serve fountains are the Majesty of the Seas and the Freedom of the Seas. There is a chip in the cup they give you that activates the machine. The Majesty will soon be retrofitted with the new Coca-Cola Freestyle machine, which will be located in the air conditioned portion of the Windjammer lounge.

We bought ours in advance, and it was a letter sitting on our desk/counter when we got into our room. We had to take it to the coffee shop to get the sticker.

To get the cup however, it was not included and cost an additional $4.95. The woman who was running the table (like the one in the picture) could not sell it to us because she was set up to only ring up bottomless bubbles AND the cup. So we had to go to a bar that had them, show them our sticker, and they would allow us to buy the cup there.

Even at the table, the cup was an additional $4.95 and you could not just buy the cup without the package.

Many times during our cruise, my daughter would just take her cup up and they'd fill it without looking at her sign and sail for the coke sticker. Not sure if they allow the sale of those cups without the package though...

Shawn

Even at the table, the cup was an additional $4.95 and you could not just buy the cup without the package.

Many times during our cruise, my daughter would just take her cup up and they'd fill it without looking at her sign and sail for the coke sticker. Not sure if they allow the sale of those cups without the package though...

Shawn

I believe that the same cups are available in the gift shop for $5.95.

Something to remember about the BB program: since all the bars are closed on debarkation morning, you basically can't get soda or juice on the last day unless you go to breakfast in the MDR. As I recall, they were not available at the Lido buffet and of course, you can't use the BB program for room service, either.

Carnival does allow you to purchase your soda cards before sailing. mine are purchased now and i don't said until 9-8-12 for 2 adults it costs me 117.02 for our 8 day cruise.. call this no# 1-800-522-7648 or 1-800-906-7603, im sorry ican't remember which no# it is but they will gladly take your money lol

Wow, that's good to know...although it wouldn't kill them to make the BB program available via CCL's website. :)

(On second thought, I think I'd rather call someone at Bon Voyage than deal with their website. Blech. :eek: )

You're correct...the only RCCL that have the self serve fountains are the Majesty of the Seas and the Freedom of the Seas. There is a chip in the cup they give you that activates the machine.

That's so weird. I figured that if Majesty, one of RCCL's oldest and smallest ships, had that machine installed then they'd have it fleetwide. If I had known it was such an oddity, I might have gotten pics and video. :)

The Majesty will soon be retrofitted with the new Coca-Cola Freestyle machine, which will be located in the air conditioned portion of the Windjammer lounge.

1. that sounds pretty cool, whatever it is, and
  2. what, is Majesty becoming RCCL's test-bed ship? It's like their version of the US Navy's old test-bed sub USS Parche. :D

The Majesty will soon be retrofitted with the new Coca-Cola Freestyle machine, which will be located in the air conditioned portion of the Windjammer lounge.

1. that sounds pretty cool, whatever it is, and
  2. what, is Majesty becoming RCCL's test-bed ship? It's like their version of the US Navy's old test-bed sub USS Parche. :D

The Coca-Cola Freestyle machine is pretty cool. It's a fountain machine that has a touchscreen and you basically pick out a basic Coca-Cola product and then you have different flavor options. You can start out with Coke or Coke Zero, or Diet Coke or Sprite and then you can get it infused with Raspberry or Orange or Cherry or Lime or Vanilla etc.. It also includes the non carbonated varieties from the Coke family. Do a you tube search and you can see one in action.

The Coca-Cola Freestyle machine is pretty cool. It's a fountain machine that has a touchscreen and you basically pick out a basic Coca-Cola product and then you have different flavor options. You can start out with Coke or Coke Zero, or Diet Coke or Sprite and then you can get it infused with Raspberry or Orange or Cherry or Lime or Vanilla etc.. It also includes the non carbonated varieties from the Coke family. Do a you tube search and you can see one in action.

Oh, those! There's a Burger King near here that has one! Those ARE really neet. We asked how the different flavors and varieties are served and an employee showed us the flavor cartridges...they look like printer cartridges. I had a raspberry Diet Coke...and may never get to have one again unless the machines get more widespread. :)

One thing....it takes significantly longer to use one of those than a simple 'press the button and down it comes' dispenser, so RCCL might want to keep that in mind. Still, on Majesty before with the Lido fountain machine, there was seldom a wait of more than one person in front of me.

That's the type of soda fountain that all the Firehouse Sub's have, and have been advertising on the local radio about (over and over and over). I still haven't been in one to see it myself.

Archived