Best place for lunch on embarkation on Allure?

My advice is to just relax and go with it. I can't recommend the Park Café (I know I am in the minority) as my roast beef sandwich had way too much gristle in it. It was terrible, didn't go back. The WJ was crowded, yes, but we certainly found a seat. Just so you know, don't go in with any expectations and you'll be fine... expecially that all 14 of you will be sitting together! Why don't you go where you all want to go and then meet up later for sailaway? There are several venues open for lunch but the best bang for the buck you've already paid for is the Windjammer. Why not just try it. The Café Promenade is also excellent for light snacks (not a full meal, though).

You have a whole week to eat your way through the ship. ;)

The Promenade Cafe was very nice on embarkation day. It's right on the main deck that you board. Had very nice croissant sandwiches stuff with shrimp salad, chicken salad , and a selection of other sandwiches. Along with nice pastries/cookies Wasn't real busy as most busy rushed to the Windjammer or the Park Cafe.

We were on board about 11 am and headed straight for the Park Cafe. The cafe has so much more than just roast beef sandwiches (wraps, salads, sandwiches, etc.)... We had a very good lunch on embarkation and throughout the week we visited several more times. The Promenade Cafe (as one person suggested) is also a very good lunch stop any day - light sandwiches and snacks.

Hi,

We went to the Park Cafe for our first lunch on the Allure of the Seas and enjoyed it (I really liked the salads). We ate at the Park Cafe several times during the cruise (both breakfast and lunch). However, it was crowded on the first noon (the dining area is fairly small and it becomes crowded during peak times).

The Allure of the Seas is an incredible ship. :) Have a great cruise!

Chuck

Park Cafe was our favorite place for breakfast and lunch at the Allure. But I also liked ruclop's idea, Giovanni will be a great option for a large group like yours. BTW, we sailed on the Allure with a big group and had dinner at Giovannis the first day. It was excellent!!:)

I would suggest the Park Cafe. Good roast beef sandwiches. I enjoyed the salad they make for you. You just tell them what you want and they make it up.

Judi :)

Park Cafe was the best. Roast Beef and salads were great. Just remember get there early as they get very crowded. On the Oasis we went directly there when we boarded and it was soon filled. You can take your food and eat at tables in Central Park.

Also Solarium Bistro is open for lunch the first day. Lighter healthier food, we ate there in the Oasis and it was never too crowded while we were in there.

It was good, I much prefer heartier food. Subsequent days I had the roast beef sandwich at Park Cafe, it was very good.

Another option if all the tables are full at Park Cafe. Just carry your food aft into the Dazzles night club, it will be empty and lots of tables available with a nice view of the Boardwalk out of the windows. Nice and cool in there for those hot or rainy days.

Archived