Mahogany Bay/Carnival Question

BlondeKajun

Can we rent a float/beach chairs on our own if we don't buy the excursion through carnival? We purchased the kayak/beach chair/snorkel excursion because the cheaper ones are sold out...but really...we just want the floats and a chair......anyone?

ALong with the OP's question, anyone with knowledge of everything you can "rent" while at mahogony bay would be usefull. Such as with the cabana rental, can you rent a kayak for a "time limit" to kayak around the bay? Is there an ala carte menu for rental equipment, ect... Thanks

Can we rent a float/beach chairs on our own if we don't buy the excursion through carnival? We purchased the kayak/beach chair/snorkel excursion because the cheaper ones are sold out...but really...we just want the floats and a chair......anyone?

Beach chairs are free,:) floats and kayaks for a small rental fee.

http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/

I dont know exactly what Mahogany Bay is. Can anyone from the Carnival ship go to Ma Bay? Is it an excursion? When I look at the Carnival site it says limited capacity and its $35. per person. So is there a beach you don't have to pay for? I am confused. I understand there is a fee for the Magic Chair.

Can someone clarify for me?

I dont know exactly what Mahogany Bay is. Can anyone from the Carnival ship go to Ma Bay? Is it an excursion? When I look at the Carnival site it says limited capacity and its $35. per person. So is there a beach you don't have to pay for? I am confused. I understand there is a fee for the Magic Chair.

Can someone clarify for me?

http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/

Go to the above link. Your ship "lands" at M Bay. When you leave your ship, your feet are at M Bay.;) Spend time reviewing all the pages of info on the link and you'll find the asnswers to your questions. You pay for the "extras" they offer. Not the use of the beach.

We just got back from our cruise and I want to add a quick note. 1/2 of our group went to Mahogany Bay the other 1/2 to West Bay. Those that went to Mahogany really liked their day; however, this beach has sand fleas so several came back with bites that look like mosquito bites on their bodies. These bites really itch. You cannot see the fleas just see the bites after. If you go to Mahogany Bay - please use bug spray, I assume this helps. Those of us who went to West Bay Beach (absolutely beautiful) did not encounter these fleas. We did encounter the locals trying to sell their products - they are not allowed on Mahogany Bay.

AND Be aware that sandFLIES are different for everyone and every week there are some on West Bay, or any other part of the Island that are bothered by them and some that are not. A simple application of bugspray can solve this. Plenty of folks get bitten up on West Bay, It is best to plan on bugspray, if you do not need it then thats great but if because of the previous post you do not have any you very well may be upset

Mahogany Bay sounds nice. If I am cruising on a Cruise line other than Carnival, can I come into the Mahogany Bay Beach/Shopping area or is there a restriction?

Yest there is a restriction, the port is for Carnival nd its affiliates, Local Hnduransare not even granted priveledges except at certain times

We just got back from our cruise and I want to add a quick note. 1/2 of our group went to Mahogany Bay the other 1/2 to West Bay. Those that went to Mahogany really liked their day; however, this beach has sand fleas so several came back with bites that look like mosquito bites on their bodies. These bites really itch. You cannot see the fleas just see the bites after. If you go to Mahogany Bay - please use bug spray, I assume this helps. Those of us who went to West Bay Beach (absolutely beautiful) did not encounter these fleas. We did encounter the locals trying to sell their products - they are not allowed on Mahogany Bay.

Please use a reef friendly bug spray and sun tan lotion. As Honduras Islands are famous for their cheap diving certifications, You can really tell the back packers that have been there a few days and not used some repellent. Yikes!!

On another of the Bay Islands we ran into a couple laying in the sand sun bathing *nekkid*. I didn't even want to think about where they were getting bitten.

Hugh in Dallas

Please use a reef friendly bug spray and sun tan lotion.

. Can you inform us of what you mean by this? Deet has never been shown to harm the reef and is the most recomended repellent of any health organization I Am sure your not encurging people to use the non tested products sold as a snake oil remedy in an area known for malaria and dengue. ,

Skin so Soft from Avon works well. Contains no Deet

Although I don't know that it is even sold as a repellent.

No, I'm not a Avon marketer.

Even more damaging I think are the tanning oils/sun screens.

do your own research.

Hugh in Dallas

Hi,

I have a question about Avon Skin So Soft. I have always heard it's a great bug repellent but when I went to buy it, they have just the lotion and then they have the lotion with bug repellent. Are you saying the lotion only product repels bugs or do I need the combo product?

THANKS!

Hi,

I have a question about Avon Skin So Soft. I have always heard it's a great bug repellent but when I went to buy it, they have just the lotion and then they have the lotion with bug repellent. Are you saying the lotion only product repels bugs or do I need the combo product?

THANKS!

YOU need something that works specifically for your body chemistry. Skin so soft does NOTHING for me... but other products do. When you find something that works for you buy stock in the company and a good supply of it. :D

Archived