Specialty Coffee Prices

I had starbucks this past week almost every morning. Yes, it is starbucks and tastes like in any store on land. The prices are the same as on land. I talked to the girl behind counter and she said the only diffence is the gratuity is in the price. She also told me when I asked, if she works for starbucks of RC. She told me both, she is a RC employee and trained by Starbucks.

Okay, this may be a stupid question and it may already be addressed somewhere on the boards, but do they accept my Starbucks gold card on the ship or is just the SeaPass?

>>Never mind, I found the answer on another thread about Starbucks. It appears that they do take the Starbucks card, sans the discounts and such.

Okay, this may be a stupid question and it may already be addressed somewhere on the boards, but do they accept my Starbucks gold card on the ship or is just the SeaPass?

>>Never mind, I found the answer on another thread about Starbucks. It appears that they do take the Starbucks card, sans the discounts and such.

May I ask a silly question. What is a Starbucks gold card? Is it a loyalty card or is it a credit card?

I don't suppose they accept starbucks gift cards on board do they?

Just curious.

Thanks for any help someone may be able to give.

Tigers2425

Lori

May I ask a silly question. What is a Starbucks gold card? Is it a loyalty card or is it a credit card?

The Starbucks gold card is both somewhat. It is like a debit card that you add money to and then use it. There are also some rewards for using it. You have to work your way up to a gold card. Once you are at the gold level you get some discounts and free refills of brewed coffee, not lattes and such.

I don't suppose they accept starbucks gift cards on board do they?

They should take the gift cards if they do indeed take the gold cards.

The Starbucks gold card is both somewhat. It is like a debit card that you add money to and then use it. There are also some rewards for using it. You have to work your way up to a gold card. Once you are at the gold level you get some discounts and free refills of brewed coffee, not lattes and such.

They should take the gift cards if they do indeed take the gold cards.

Thank you very much for the info. I will tote my gift cards with me then just in case.

Thanks again.

Tigers2425

Lori

Re: Could someone explain please - what is a Cafe Americano? It's not a term used in Australia.

Hey Diane here is the answer.:

In Europe, coffee is essentially espresso – which, in America, isn’t very much coffee. To create a caffè americano – a coffee that satisfies the American preference for more sips in every cup – Europeans simply add hot water to their espresso. While the americano is similar in strength and taste to American-style brewed coffee, there are subtle differences achieved by pulling a fresh shot of espresso for the beverage base. The best way to discover these nuances, of course, is to try a cup yourself.

Simply put...it's espresso with hot water added. I've had it and it's really quite good. I hope this helps. :D

Hi Droop. Thanks for the info., now I understand. I've had a cold version of the Americano in Asia. It was great because there was little/no milk in it and lots of ice. Cheers Diane. PS I'll give the whole menu a try in September on Serenade.

Another silly question? Sorry:o

Does anywhere do tea? And I mean UK tea? Or will I need to bring some tea bags? I'm going on the Mariner.

Thanks in advance.:)

If you want the black tea at Starbucks on board their brand is Tazo- they do have Earl Grey and the black tea called Awake. I'm a tea toddler I bring my own tea bags on my vacay.Even some in my purse. When I went to UK last September I was spoiled by your tea, what a taste difference and brought some home. Lipton tea is the standard for most American restaurants. Gets bitter if steeps too long. If a specific flavor or band you like I suggest bring your own supply.

Archived