Junkanoo Beach Nassau?

39august

A few more questions...

-In your opinion, which is better Cable Beach or Cabbage Beach?

-How much would a taxi cost to Cabbage Beach? Cable Beach? (Someone already said it was $4 per person to Cabbage beach but I just wanted to be sure. What about Cable beach?)

-Do we have to buy any day passes to visit cabbage beach? Could we just visit the beach for free?

-What's the driving time to Cable Beach? And again, what's the cost?

-Does cable beach normally have less people? Smaller crowds?

-Someone posted that Sheraton resort has day passes to use their facilities. If we just wanted to visit Cable Beach, could we do that WITHOUT going to one of the resorts? Could we just go to the beach?

-Are there places to eat close to cable beach?

Is it a safe walk to junkanoo beach? Or should we hop in a taxi. there is only 2 of us.

I think it's pretty safe and not a long walk at all. We've done it a few times, most recently in April and there were only two of us, too. Don't bother with a taxi. There will be other people walking along the sidewalks, too. You'll get to see the different shops on Bay Street and the new Straw Market. Enjoy the walk.

We walked to Junkanoo Beach following the hepful directions on this site. It was an easy 10 minute walk.

We didn't care for this beach. It was very small. There was LOTS of brown and green glass in the water. Like a piece every 4 inches. So we got out after a few minutes.

When we first got there we asked about snorkel equipment. They were going to take it off of some kids in the water for us, but we declined since they wanted $15 for what looked like dollar store quality equipment currently in the mouths of others. I was actually relieved that hadn't worked out since we later discovered all the glass.

It was just my 16 year old daughter and myself. We just weren't too comfortable there. A man tried to take me around to the stands, saying he was security. He was nice enough, but I felt uncomfortable. I find it hard to believe he was security.

At the one stand they put an unlit joint out in front of me and I took that as an invitation for a sale.

We saw people in both Nassau and Freeport openly smoking marijuana. Wondering if it is legal there? Anyone know?

If I could do it over again I would invest in a nicer place. We just winged it because our excursion we had planned was cancelled.

• 8 months later...

Archived