Devil's Bridge?

bluedreams183

We went to Devil's bridge with a taxi. We booked the tour when we got off of the ship. We told the taxi driver we wanted to go to somewhere different than the standard tour. We had to tell several drivers this before a driver matched us with a British couple that wanted this, too.:)

• 2 weeks later...
We went to Devil's bridge with a taxi. We booked the tour when we got off of the ship. We told the taxi driver we wanted to go to somewhere different than the standard tour. We had to tell several drivers this before a driver matched us with a British couple that wanted this, too.:)

Do you remember how much it cost to do this? I don't care for the standard tours either and Devil's Bridge sounds interesting.

Lisa

Hello! We booked the Devil's bridge excursion through Carnival, but I can't find any reviews on this. Anyone been? is it worth it? or should we just find a beach to go to? thanks!

We went to Devil's Bridge--not through Carnival though--but as part of an island tour with Gordon. It was very interesting. Devil's Bridge is located on the east coast/Atlantic side of the island, so the surf is very rough here--such a contrast to the calm beaches! We were told by Gordon, that slaves jumped off this bridge to their death, in order to become free!

The bridge is a natural limestone arch carved out by the sea which you can walk across.

Our guide Gordon made sure everyone walked where it was safe!

CarnivalVictoryCruise089.jpg

Thanks, dz. I sent him an e-mail, and he responded, but didn't fully address my question, so I asked a more specific question.

In looking at a map of Antigua, it looks like you pass the rainforest area on the way to Devil's Bridge on Gordon's tour. I don't think the Paradise Island tour goes through the rainforest, but the Budget tour does.

Does anybody know of a tour that includes both - Devil's Bridge and rainforest? Gordon said he had one, and referred me to his site, but I didn't see the details.

Edited by Ms411

I can tell you we were on that part of the island -- but didn't make it to my dream stop --

look up Long Bay

it's over by devils bridge

we went to half moon bay on the way --- it was ok for a short stop

But long bay has snorkeling - hard to find on that island!

Not trying to be negative just MHO here. We just hired a taxi to Long Bay Beach to do some snorkeling & our taxi driver stopped at Devil's Bridge on the way. It was OK for a quick stop but it is not a destination in itself.

Now Long Bay is another story, it was amazing & the snorkeling was pretty good too :)

• 1 month later...
Not trying to be negative just MHO here. We just hired a taxi to Long Bay Beach to do some snorkeling & our taxi driver stopped at Devil's Bridge on the way. It was OK for a quick stop but it is not a destination in itself.

Now Long Bay is another story, it was amazing & the snorkeling was pretty good too :)

Can you tell me how much a cab ride was from the port to Long Bay? How easy to get a ride back? And what kind of 'facilities' could be found on the beach?

Can you tell me how much a cab ride was from the port to Long Bay? How easy to get a ride back? And what kind of 'facilities' could be found on the beach?

I don't remember exactlly how much the cab was as it's been a few years. I do remember it being a pretty long ride though. I just negoiated a deal with a cabbie at the pier. It was reasonable of I woludn't have taken his ride

There are really no facilities at the beach. We sat on lounge chairs & no one ever approached us to pay for their use. We walked to one of the beach to purchase drinks & use their rest rooms.

There was a couple of tents selling jewelry, wood cravings and shells. I bought 2 huge conch shells from her. Hope this helps you

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

LOVED IT!!! booked through Gordon but had our own driver as we really only wanted to see Devil'sbridge and have beach time. He took us the Long Bay Beach. We spent a few hours and then he picked us up and stopped at Devils bridge. LOVED. It.

LOVED IT!!! booked through Gordon but had our own driver as we really only wanted to see Devil'sbridge and have beach time. He took us the Long Bay Beach. We spent a few hours and then he picked us up and stopped at Devils bridge. LOVED. It.

Glad to hear you liked it. Definitely worth seeing. Had people from our RC wanting to see the pictures posted after hearing about it.

• 1 year later...

I agree. Devil's Bridge was part of our tour; interesting, but I wouldn't base my whole tour on going there.