Fun farewell party

golfadj

Saw a post a few minutes ago that the fun farewell party was dropped on the Splendour due to lack of attendance.

Lack of attendance of course is due to lack of promotion and nobody realizing the note in the fun times also means free drinks.

Has anyone heard of this happening on another ship?

We attended the Fun Farewell Party on our last cruise. Attendance was about 1/3 to half of the past guest party. It was great fun and I remember the CD Wee Jimmy telling me to drink up because the drinks were free :D. Oh well , I guess another sign of the "enhancements" :rolleyes: (penny pinching) that Carnival is doing .

I just got off Freedom a couple weeks ago and did not see anything about the Farewell Party. Believe me, I checked the Fun times everyday but did not see anything about it. If it was in the Funtimes, it was have been well hidden because believe me I checked EVERYDAY! I love the "free drink" events and especially this one because it isn't as crowded as the welcome back party. We were looking forward to going to it. Oh well....

Loved the Farewell Party and never miss it. Could go to it and get a couple of drinks. The past guest party on the last 4 cruises I have sailed on have been ridiculous...was lucky if you could get one drink.

I sure hope this isn't another sign of Carnival's cutting back.

We had one on our trip on Fascination in April. I wouldn't say it was well attended by any stretch. It was held in the Puttin' on the Ritz Lounge (aft, where comedy is usually held) at 5pm on the last day of the trip. Just a short tiny note about it in the Fun Times, no mention of free drinks, etc.

We had a nice time, and the drinks were quite good, but with so few there (perhaps, yes, due to on-purpose poor promotion of it!) we could see it being taken "off the docket"... Hope it doesn't go away.

Loved the Farewell Party and never miss it. Could go to it and get a couple of drinks. The past guest party on the last 4 cruises I have sailed on have been ridiculous...was lucky if you could get one drink.

I sure hope this isn't another sign of Carnival's cutting back.

Of course it is!!!!!!

Wait a few moments and Sue Sylvesters bunch will be on here yelling..

It is NOT a cut-back because the tea on the Lido is still free and they put lemons nearby and there are sugar packets and if you are good, very very good, the cabin steward will bring you ice for the tea. :D

of course it is!!!!!!

Wait a few moments and sue sylvesters bunch will be on here yelling..

it is not a cut-back because the tea on the lido is still free and they put lemons nearby and there are sugar packets and if you are good, very very good, the cabin steward will bring you ice for the tea. :d

like!!

Remember the good old days? First formal night, all the bars had free drinks, even made to order drinks. You'd get spiff'd up, liquored up, pose for a formal pic with a genuinely happy smile, go to dinner, enjoy 1/4 lb lobster tails with mushroom risotto, then proceed to the showroom to see a quality headliner performer?

Those days are gone!

Remember the good old days? First formal night, all the bars had free drinks, even made to order drinks. You'd get spiff'd up, liquored up, pose for a formal pic with a genuinely happy smile, go to dinner, enjoy 1/4 lb lobster tails with mushroom risotto, then proceed to the showroom to see a quality headliner performer?

Those days are gone!

YES!!! I did really like that aspect of it. I have some wonderful family photos of me and my kids all dressed up in one of the lounges dancing to the music. They enjoyed Shirley Temples and I had wine. It was lovely!

I have not bothered to do the Captains Party since the change.

Does anyone know if Fun Farewell party is still on the Miracle??

I'll check it out ......leaving Wed.....and report back

Those days are gone!

I remember back in the 80s when there was no MDR .... maybe we should consider ourselves lucky. Back then if you wanted a sit down dinner, you paid $10 for the 7 course dinner, wow.

Those days are gone!

I have no idea what period you're referring to, but I'd imagine you're paying less now than you did at that time.

Does anyone know if Fun Farewell party is still on the Miracle??

I'll check it out ......leaving Wed.....and report back

Just off The Miracle 2 weeks ago and YES they had a Fun Farewell Party. It was listed in The Fun Times, one line and no mention of the free cocktails, which is normal.

I have no idea what period you're referring to, but I'd imagine you're paying less now than you did at that time.

The last time we had it was 12/09, Xmas sailing of the Freedom and no, CCL prices for xmas are not cheaper now than they were back then

Well the fun farewell party is gone. This is his answer

That being said you deserve an answer to your question and here is the "official " word about the cancelation of the Fun farewell. " We understand your disappointment and wanted to take a minute to explain our decision. Since rolling out the Fun Farewell Party in 2009, we have seen attendance continue to decline with each passing month to a point where we decided that we should find new ways to make cruising with Carnival more fun and more memorable. In the past several months, we’ve introduced a number of innovations – new Sail Away parties, Sea Day Comedy Brunches and our Taste Bar, to name a few. All of these new innovations are now rolling out across the fleet. We recognize the need to keep creating new ways to enhance your experience, and this will at times mean that we need to move away from things that appear to be losing popularity."

I responded that I think this reduction in popularity was due to the lack of publicity that free drinks were offered.

I know these are sore points for some, but CHANGE IS GOOD...and remember, not everyone has a zillion cruises under their belt, and it looks like some of the alternatives are good, things I know my family would enjoy. Look at it like a new car Stu, you will get used to it!

I have always seen the Farewell party as mediocre in attendance, and it obviously set some wheels at head office spinning. I'm sure alot of give and take are on the table (oh...and just before I get the comments...I am not a Sue Sylvester crew!)

Not many people even know about the Fun Farewell party because it is only posted in the Fun Times on Day 1 (embarkation day). I hope they don't get rid of this party because it is always a good way to wrap up the cruise

We just got off the Splendor for our 5/13/2012 cruise. It was mentioned in the Fun Times on the first Sea Day but...it was stating the party would be on Saturday the last day at Sea. Perhaps people forget by then, we didn't go and never have.

How can they use the excuse that they are "poorly attended" when it is by design.

The Fun Farewell gets a one line blurb in the Fun times, no mention of free drinks and it is never mentioned on the ship by staff or the cruise director.

Carnival designed them to be poorly attended so they could save money.

What a crock of crap. They keep feeding it to us and we keep taking it! :mad:

Archived