early seating dining

We just booked a cruise to sail Feb 4 2013 on the Vision of the Seas. When the dining reservations came up we were told both the early seating and my time dining were closed. WTH!! My husband needs the early seating due to medical reasons. Its 9 months till the cruise and they are not sold out - why is there no seating available? Has this been a problem with anyone?

We just booked a cruise to sail Feb 4 2013 on the Vision of the Seas. When the dining reservations came up we were told both the early seating and my time dining were closed. WTH!! My husband needs the early seating due to medical reasons. Its 9 months till the cruise and they are not sold out - why is there no seating available? Has this been a problem with anyone?

Since implementing MTD the number of spaces for traditional dining have been reduced . Traditional Dining uses the main floor of the dining room. The upper floor is used for MTD. The cruise intinerary also impacts the dining selction. If there's a lot of families the early times tend to book up very fast.

Call and ask to be placed on the Waitlist for Early Dining. Most of the time the your wait list request will be honored. I placed on the waitlist for early dining for a cruise this past April and I was cleared in 72 hours for early dining.

DW has a medical condition that requires early dining. We have submitted a doctor's note to special needs in the past and been put in early dining long before boarding. You can do that yourself if booked direct with RCL or by your TA if that's the case.

Select MTD you can make reservations with MTD and select the same time every night.

Sue

THE RCL person said MTD was also closed and the ONLY available option was the late seating.

Because it is a medical issue I will call tomorrow and speak to someone so that we can get early dining.

Since implementing MTD the number of spaces for traditional dining have been reduced . Traditional Dining uses the main floor of the dining room. The upper floor is used for MTD. The cruise intinerary also impacts the dining selction. If there's a lot of families the early times tend to book up very fast.

Call and ask to be placed on the Waitlist for Early Dining. Most of the time the your wait list request will be honored. I placed on the waitlist for early dining for a cruise this past April and I was cleared in 72 hours for early dining.

If there are valid medical reasons, such as insulin dependency, call RCI and ask them for the special needs form. They will email it to you. You fill it out and put that early dining is needed for the medical reason. FAX it to Miami. Call a couple of days later and they should give you early dining.

They will recognize a medical need, but you have to file the papers with them first.

THE RCL person said MTD was also closed and the ONLY available option was the late seating.

Because it is a medical issue I will call tomorrow and speak to someone so that we can get early dining.

Here is the link to the Special Needs form. We completed the "Other" block and attached the doctor's note.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

• 2 months later...

Have the same issue with our cruise for next May. Early dining is wait listed I have already talked to a Rep after booking on line - we are still wait listed. She made lots of notes and added the information to our reservation but never mentioned the form. So, thanks for posting and I will try that next :(

Here is the link to the Special Needs form. We completed the "Other" block and attached the doctor's note.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

If you call RCI an ask the rep to send you a form, it will come as a PDF with your reservation number and sailing already on it.

You can fill out the PDF using the Adobe tools, save the file and email it to special needs.

You will get an automated reply when they receive the email, however I ask them to reply so that I know it's been received. They do with a detailed email.

The other thing you do is call RCI and have the rep put the special medical need on the reservation document. Ask that they email you a copy of the amended document. It's also a PDF. You should print a copy and bring it with you as well as a copy of the one you filled out for special needs and their email specifically confirming their receipt of the special needs form.

If they don't change you before sailing, take all this paperwork to the matre d' and quietly insist that you be changed. If you fail, go to guest relations and complain that the maitre d' will not consider a medical need that the cruise line has acknowledged.

Frankly, I don't think you'll need to do anything except fill out the form, but it's always a good idea to have them put the medical necessity on the document.

My DH has an insulin pump and knows what he can and can't eat. The galley thinks artificial sweetener in place of sugar is a "diabetic diet" so we never request a diabetic diet, however our documents state "diabetic".

I assume that all diabetics test their blood glucose so ask for a small sharps container for disposing the fingers ticks. That, immediately, alerts them that you are serious about your medical needs.

Archived