Open Letter to Carnival

Mikel1733

Actually, I did use a different calculator after that, because it should have shown. But it is not 2.57% but .0257% or 1/4 of 1 percent. Not a very big number

2.57% of $100 would be $2.57. 2.57% of $1000 would be $25.70. 2.57% of 10000 would be $257.0. 2.57% of 100000 would be $2570. 2.57% of 1,000,000 would be 25,700. Mutiply that $25,700 by 3 for the 3,000,000 and you have 77,100. Just as originally stated by Yogamax. I don't know if the 77,000 and the 3 million are correct but his math was. Hope you don't try to do your own taxes.

Amazing food? What's so amazing about? IYup, amazing, amazingly slow!

Most of the food I've had on Carnival was very good. Really none of the cruise lines do their food perfect. All have slow MDR dinners that typically last about 2 hours and I've NEVER had a hot dish come to the table hot from ANY cruise line other than Carnivals Hot melting cake. Really the food and service complaint would reasonably be lodged against EVERY one of the Cruise lines.

But the food, service, and entertainment quality has gone done.

I don't agree. I think the entertainment, food and service is better now than it was in prior years. Especially Service!. It was impecable on my May cruise on Triumph. I first cruised with Carnival in 1999. I prefer the cruises now. I think sometimes Nystalgia is lending a rosy hue to the past cruises causing some to say, Oh, cruises were much better in past. They were not really. They were only slightly different at all. Biggest change is you could formerly smoke just about anywhere on the ship. Now they only allow smoking in designated areas. This is a very good change.

2.57% of $100 would be $2.57. 2.57% of $1000 would be $25.70. 2.57% of 10000 would be $257.0. 2.57% of 100000 would be $2570. 2.57% of 1,000,000 would be 25,700. Mutiply that $25,700 by 3 for the 3,000,000 and you have 77,100. Just as originally stated by Yogamax. I don't know if the 77,000 and the 3 million are correct but his math was. Hope you don't try to do your own taxes.

I stand corrected. My calculator showed .0257 but not .0257%, I just automatically added the % instead of moving the 2 decimal places first.

I stand corrected. My calculator showed .0257 but not .0257%, I just automatically added the % instead of moving the 2 decimal places first.

And that my friends, is why its a good thing that we have auto-tips.:rolleyes:

Isn't all of this going to be really silly when the World ends in December! Sorry, had to go there! :D

So glad I have my 9th cruise in Nov. and 10th in early Dec. I will be Platinum and will go out with a bang when the world comes to an end. But I will go Platinum. :D;) Thanks LoveMyBoxer for reminding me. I won't bother unpacking after the Dec. cruise and I will come home with dirty laundry. No sense having it cleaned before I get off the ship.:rolleyes:

And that my friends, is why its a good thing that we have auto-tips.:rolleyes:

Now, don't be mean! At least he was big enough to acknowledge his mistake. And I'm sorry about that crack about your taxes.

So glad I have my 9th cruise in Nov. and 10th in early Dec. I will be Platinum and will go out with a bang when the world comes to an end. But I will go Platinum. :D;) Thanks LoveMyBoxer for reminding me. I won't bother unpacking after the Dec. cruise and I will come home with dirty laundry. No sense having it cleaned before I get off the ship.:rolleyes:

Well, if the world ends 12/19/12 at least I will do a B2B cruise (from 12/2/12 to 12/16/12) right before it goes and will go to heaven happy and relaxed. LOL! I've heard too many doom tales in my life to believe that the world will end on a given expected date. Most likely the world will end for me when I'm 80 and die from heart disease like everyone else in my family. But whenever your world ends (whether in a great cosmic event or just your personal health event) most important thing is to truly live, laugh, and love while your here on this earth.

Now, don't be mean! At least he was big enough to acknowledge his mistake. And I'm sorry about that crack about your taxes.

I was always wondering why I owed so much every year, although this past year I got quite a bit back :) No offense was taken by the way

My family of four enters mdr promptly, then we wait for water to be served, which can take 5-20 minutes.

We review menus promptly fold close and wait for server to take order. Yup, that can take 15-20 minutes, sometimes much longer (45 minutes was the likely our families record).

We get appetizer 20-25 minutes later, then wait another 30-40 minutes for main course. When it arrives, no need to worry about burning one's tongue as it is cold.If something is not good or we just simply want something different, man, if you get your server's attention, that's another 30 minutes at least.

Once the meal is done, challenge is to get dessert order in and delivered before lights flash (the warning for the 'dancing'. Once that is on, waiter is gone) .

You call it "relaxing"? It is slow. Most people would not tolerate service this slow in a land restaurant and would be livid if they complained to the manager and was told that it was not slow, it was 'relaxing'.

The common ccl cheer for the cold food is "It is a big ship and they have a lot of people to serve" which is a load of crap as CCL wasn't like this back before 2010 and I cruised on all of the Conquest class ships too. Was on Princess Ruby last Jan, a slightly bigger ship than the conquest class and food came up hot and we always done between 60 and 90 minutes and oh, no one complained about mdr not being relaxing. If anything, long drawn out dinners with cold food, interrupted with loud music and waiters dancing in front of your table is less than relaxing.

Even worse, my family might be stuck sitting near a chronic complainer for that longer time. That's why we request to sit by ourselves. Life's too short!

Archived