Diet Dr Pepper Caffeine Free

We will be on Freedom of the Seas. Do they serve diet caffeine free Dr. Pepper? If not, do they have a place to pre order it. If not, can I bring it on board. I would be happier if they had it on board. I don't like to carry too much "stuff" on board. Also the same question for diet Sunkist.

They don't serve Dr. Pepper at all.

RC serves only Coke products: Coke, Sprite, and some of their permutations, like Sprite Zero and Diet Coke. On some ships you can find Coke Zero.

You can also get cans of ginger ale and ginger ale in the MDR. And there is orange soda on some ships. Club soda is available, too.

Cans of DP are unlikely to be confiscated.

Cannot believe people are so concerned about what soda/carbonated drinks are available onboard. :confused:

Because I don't drink alcohol or hot drinks. So it's quite nice to find out. I'm not concerned just curious.:(

Cannot believe people are so concerned about what soda/carbonated drinks are available onboard. :confused:

Well, When I don't drink coffee, tea, or any type of alcoholic drink. And I don't like the brands of diet sodas RCCL has. Yes it does concern me. Like most people I also like to enjoy what I drink too! I am sure most PAX choose to drink that they like.

By the way, from your picture that looks like a real tall drink you have. Is that a regular size glass? Because if it is, I want my soda in that glass!

The only thing I would say here is that asparatame, the main sweetnener in diet drinks is banned in some countries. I am not getting into a health debate here but on a personal note, I believe aspartame to be neuro toxic. It was causing severe migraines in my wife. Many people who drink the diet drinks have a general feeling of ill health and don't know why. I encourage you to not drink diet sodas. Dr. Janet Hull wrote has a great website called sweetpoison. It should never have passed the FDA IMO.

Anyway if you are going to Mexico, enjoy a real sugar coke in a bottle! They are awesome. No HFCS, no asparatame, no splenda, no saccharine. Just good old fashioned sugar and it rocks!!

The only thing I would say here is that asparatame, the main sweetnener in diet drinks is banned in some countries. I am not getting into a health debate here but on a personal note, I believe aspartame to be neuro toxic. It was causing severe migraines in my wife. Many people who drink the diet drinks have a general feeling of ill health and don't know why. I encourage you to not drink diet sodas. Dr. Janet Hull wrote has a great website called sweetpoison. It should never have passed the FDA IMO.

Anyway if you are going to Mexico, enjoy a real sugar coke in a bottle! They are awesome. No HFCS, no asparatame, no splenda, no saccharine. Just good old fashioned sugar and it rocks!!

Thank you for this info. I will look into this.

In diet soda there is only diet coke and diet sprite?

YES!

in non-soda you will find:

ice

water

coffee

tea (hot and cold)

milk

flavored water, maybe only in the WJ.

I am a diabetic with kidney problems. My kidney doctor has taken away:

Dr. pepper & Diet Dr. Pepper

Coke & diet Coke & Coke Zero

Pepsi & Diet Pepsi etc

because they all contain the chemical phosphorus that is hard on kidnys. In soda, I am limited to root beer (diet), Sprite (Zero) and a few more.

I find it odd when people expect the cruiselines to carry the more "exotic" soft drinks. When I go to a local restaurant I don't anticipate they will carry much more than the basics - brown soft drink, diet brown soft drink, clear soft drink, ginger ale. Anything else is a bonus. A cruise ship is much more limited on what they can stock and I expect no more than what a local restaurant would serve.

Fortunately, on most cruise ships I can bring on some of my preferred beverage if I feel the need to have it on hand to fully enjoy my cruise.

It is a concern for us because my husband is allergic to anything with aspartame in it.

It's really awful stuff. I try to encourage people to just read the wikipedia entry for it. Most don't believe me and just say I'm being nuts. I've read so much on this stuff. I can actually draw out the organic compound.

My wife was having severe migraines. Couldn't figure out the issue. Went to several neurologists and they wanted to do wacky stuff. Pills to control HBP (She has low BP), anti depressants (she isnt depressed) etc.

I suggested we cut things from her diet one by one. Diet coke was the first to go. The difference was DRAMATIC. Her migraines mostly stopped. She was getting a tinge of one daily (just slight). What caused that??? Her freaking Flintstones vitamin. Yes, my friends, aspartame is in that as well. Vitamins gone, tinge of migraine gone. No more gum (95% of gum has aspartame as the sweetener).

On a side note: The perscription drug Relpax was a life saver for her. Stopped the migraines dead in its tracks.

Beware the evil twin of aspartame known as Acesulfame. Same thing.

If I help one person on this thread, it is worth the time of me typing it.

Sadric:o

I find it odd when people expect the cruiselines to carry the more "exotic" soft drinks. When I go to a local restaurant I don't anticipate they will carry much more than the basics - brown soft drink, diet brown soft drink, clear soft drink, ginger ale.

Me too. I understand people have dietary restrictions that may limit sodas they can drink, but surely that is something they have to deal with every time they visit a restaurant, ball park, theme park etc. :confused:

My personal preference is diet Dr. Pepper, but Chick Fil-A is the only on-premise place I know of that has it, so on a cruise or any other public place, I just get a diet Coke or a water.

Me too. I understand people have dietary restrictions that may limit sodas they can drink, but surely that is something they have to deal with every time they visit a restaurant, ball park, theme park etc. :confused:

My personal preference is diet Dr. Pepper, but Chick Fil-A is the only on-premise place I know of that has it, so on a cruise or any other public place, I just get a diet Coke or a water.

In many cases, like my husband's, it is not dietary restrictions, but the ingredients that are used to produce the product.

I find it odd when people expect the cruiselines to carry the more "exotic" soft drinks. When I go to a local restaurant I don't anticipate they will carry much more than the basics - brown soft drink, diet brown soft drink, clear soft drink, ginger ale. Anything else is a bonus. A cruise ship is much more limited on what they can stock and I expect no more than what a local restaurant would serve.

Fortunately, on most cruise ships I can bring on some of my preferred beverage if I feel the need to have it on hand to fully enjoy my cruise.

I don't expect the cruise line to carry more exotic soft drinks. That is why I asked if they have it. In a local restaurant I am there for a couple of hours not a week, so I don't mind drinking hater.

I would love to bring my own. I would mind even if RCCL charged me upon boarding per can I brought with me.

I find it odd when people expect the cruiselines to carry the more "exotic" soft drinks. When I go to a local restaurant I don't anticipate they will carry much more than the basics.

I totally agree, the ships like most establishments will only have the basics.

It is not 7/11 or Quicktrip that carrieds 47 different sodas.

Same applies to beer.

The ships is not going to have your "Genuine, Lite, Dry, Ice, Draft, with Lime in a can", or some local craft beer that is popular in your town.

The trip is only 7 days or less, if you can't make due, stay home...

I respectfully disagree. Choices should be available no matter if you are at home or on vacation. People don't live in bubbles!

You can disagree all you want but it won't really matter.

The bottom line is: They don't carry all those crazy soda's.

So if you need to have your "Diet cherry caffeine-free vanilla Big Red Fanta Grape soda".

Your pretty much out of luck. Stay home or drink coke...

You can disagree all you want but it won't really matter.

The bottom line is: They don't carry all those crazy soda's.

So if you need to have your "Diet cherry caffeine-free vanilla Big Red Fanta Grape soda".

Your pretty much out of luck. Stay home or drink coke...

I only asked if they had Fanta as seen as it's fizzy orange and it's known round the world.

Calm down, dear!

Well, When I don't drink coffee, tea, or any type of alcoholic drink. And I don't like the brands of diet sodas RCCL has. Yes it does concern me. Like most people I also like to enjoy what I drink too! I am sure most PAX choose to drink that they like.

By the way, from your picture that looks like a real tall drink you have. Is that a regular size glass? Because if it is, I want my soda in that glass!

They do not serve the beer I like but I adapt. I think that's the point that no way can a ship please everyone so we adapt

Archived