what is the latest to disembark

Muffinis#1

does anyone know what is the latest you can stay on the ship on disembark day? Our flight does not leave until 1030 pm that night .....

I think 9:30 or 10:00 am - perhaps on some 10:30 pm

We normally get off around 9 or 9:15 - the stewards do need to be able to finish up stuff before the other people get on.

If you flight is that late, plan a nice excursion or a visit - or check for a 'day room' at a hotel.

You will have a very long wait for a 10:30 pm flight. I suggest you start looking for things you'd like to do in that city and/or try to find a hotel that has room available for day rates. Using a hotel for the day gives you someplace to leave your luggage, rest, enjoy a pool, or use as a base for independent tours.

Since HAL started this new program where the cabins need to be ready for the new passengers by the time they start to embark around 11:30 -- you need to be off the ship by 9:30 AM.

There will be a couple of excursions that you can choose from. But they usually end around 2 - 3 at the airport which still gives you a lot of time in the airport. And most airports won't let you check your luggage until 2 - 3 hours before your flight (depends on airport).

You might chek limo services to see about tours through them.

Plan to be off the ship by 9:30 P.M.

Book a day room that will permit a late check out. Even though you'll have to be out of your room before you would be leaving for the airport, the doorman/bellhops would hold your luggage until you are ready to leave.

Book a hotel that has some sort of restaurant on property or nearby and have a nice dinner then collect your luggage from the doorman and go to the airport.

Otherwise, you will have a long wait at the airport even if you do a HAL tour. The bus will drop you at the airport LONG before your flight time.

I've found that the latest I've been able to depart is when they drag me out from under my bed, then pry my fingers from the door frame, and drag me off the ship, my fingernails dragging the carpet, as I am screaming and yelling, "but I don't wanna leave!" :D

I've found that the latest I've been able to depart is when they drag me out from under my bed, then pry my fingers from the door frame, and drag me off the ship, my fingernails dragging the carpet, as I am screaming and yelling, "but I don't wanna leave!" :D

.....:D :D The whole time thinking of all the folks waiting to board the ship after everyone on the previous cruise have left. Certainly, during this eviction from the ship, you are remembering how eager you were to board and know the waiting group is just as eager for THEIR cruise to begin. ;)

:)

Between 9:30 and 10 is the latest. It will make for a long day in the Airport. We've done it a few times, but it can't be helped. Problem you have is most airlines won't let you check in your luggage until 4 hours from flight, so not only are you stuck in the Airport, so is your luggage. Yuck. I think some OP have made great suggestions on what to do with all your extra time.

Love it Kathy!! :D

Between 9:30 and 10 is the latest. It will make for a long day in the Airport. We've done it a few times, but it can't be helped. Problem you have is most airlines won't let you check in your luggage until 4 hours from flight, so not only are you stuck in the Airport, so is your luggage. Yuck. I think some OP have made great suggestions on what to do with all your extra time.

Ft Lauderdale is 3 hours -- it used to be 2 hours.

Most other airports are 2 - 3 hours.

International airports are 4 hours.

We were supposed to be off the Veendam in April in New York by 9:30am, but the ship was late being cleared, so it was closer to 10:00am before everyone was off. Usually the last set of debarkation times are 9:15-9:30am.

everyone has great suggestions!!!! I have found a tour com. that is going to pick us up and take us for a tour of the city and all the main attractions and then I have got a reservation at a motel near the airport, the tour com. is going to take us there afterwards and the motel is going to take us to the airport... :D:p

.....:D :D The whole time thinking of all the folks waiting to board the ship after everyone on the previous cruise have left. Certainly, during this eviction from the ship, you are remembering how eager you were to board and know the waiting group is just as eager for THEIR cruise to begin. ;) :)

Yea, I know. Actually, if I have a tour/transfer, I go off when I'm scheduled. If I am not flying out until the next day, I am among the last to leave, around 9-9:30 ish.

Archived