Azamara in the Baltics

nordski

Hi, we booked a similar cruise on the Quest at the end of June 2013 and I was wondering about the weather. Is it comparable to our weather in Eastern Canada, sometimes sunny, sometimes rainy and sometimes cool? Have you also got a White Night Party on the deck? Thanks!

We were so lucky with the weather..as we were told it can be unpredictable! Most ports it was 16 celcius to over 20! As previous poster mentioned there was one rainy/ gloomy day in Russia. There were also overcast days so we always took raincoats..just in case. But most definately similar to eastern canada weather!

We did have two supper buffets outside on deck..if either was billed as a white nights event..I wasn't aware of it!

Lovely ports..enjoy!!

I have posted a review of our recent cruise and it should be up in the next few days

"We had booked an independant tour in St Petersburg and were told we could disembark only after all passengers who had booked ship tours had disembarked. We were advised that this was at the resquest of the Russian authorities however the tour operators say this is untrue"

This was stated in the paperwork but from what we saw it was ignored by all parties (guests, Azamara, Russian Authorities)

I will happily answer any questions that people have about this cruise

Weather was excellsne appart from a little light rain day 2 in St P, and we did Azamara tours as they were good value

Hello Haworth: we had purchased a private tour and...as directed by Azamara we waited in the discovery lounge with MANY others who also had private tours. At 7:45 Azamara began separating us into smaller groups and then directed these smaller groups slowly through customs. We had been advised by guest relations that we we had to wait in discoveries and couldn't disembark until instructed to do so. The second day however in Russia was a different story and passengers disembarked at will. So I can confirm that many passengers with private tours waited to disembark as instructed.

We also did the 2-day AZ excursion and the ballet in the evening. It was great value and our guide, Nadya, was excellent. Our original itinerary omitted the Church of Spilled Blood but Nadya fitted in a photo opportunity for us. Enjoy your cruise.

We were so lucky with the weather..as we were told it can be unpredictable! Most ports it was 16 celcius to over 20! As previous poster mentioned there was one rainy/ gloomy day in Russia. There were also overcast days so we always took raincoats..just in case. But most definately similar to eastern canada weather!

We did have two supper buffets outside on deck..if either was billed as a white nights event..I wasn't aware of it!

Lovely ports..enjoy!!

Thanks, we just have to hope for few more degrees:cool:

Hi, we booked a similar cruise on the Quest at the end of June 2013 and I was wondering about the weather. Is it comparable to our weather in Eastern Canada, sometimes sunny, sometimes rainy and sometimes cool? Have you also got a White Night Party on the deck? Thanks!

They planned a white night party on the deck but decided to move it indoors due to fears of rain. Rain never happened. I think you can expect a white party, particularly if the weather is fair.

They planned a white night party on the deck but decided to move it indoors due to fears of rain. Rain never happened. I think you can expect a white party, particularly if the weather is fair.

We'll keep our fingers crossed! We had that party last May on the Quest and it was just beautiful but it was on the Mediterranean...the weather is always perfect:rolleyes: Thanks for your comment.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Journey's June 27th Baltic cruise. We docked at Lt. Schmidt's embankment, just a bit down the Neva from the Hermitage. Although you can't just get off the ship and walk around without a visa (and great article in today's Washington Post about how hard it can be to get one), the location does cut down transport time with tours.

We booked the deluxe tour with SPB Tours, joining up with a group of others that came together from the Roll call. Not wanting to hang around the boat the first night in town, another group that was arranged via Roll Call hired a van from TJ's Tours, complete with guide and driver. We had no pre-arranged plan, other than to see the shopping area, see a little of how residents play, and drink some vodka. Our guide, Tatiana, did a great job of taking us around, winding up in a bar where we were the only tourists, the residents friendly, and the vodka cold. I strongly recommend this approach to your night in St. Petersburg.

We enjoyed a GREAT White Nights party on the deck on Saturday June 30th! Great music with Eric de Grey and singers! Lots of fun and the weather was great.:)

Archived