no more personal waterproof digital cameras at Chankanaab for dolphins

ladyluck27

I brought mine alone for our dolphin swim since I saw it recommended in many reviews, but they made me put it back on the deck behind me after they saw it. We ended up purchasing the CD... expensive, but I guess it's not something we'll ever do again.

I'm not surprised to hear this. Dolphin Discovery has made some very morally questionable moves here lately, so I was guessing this was coming. I wonder if that has always been the policy, but they just didn't enforce it on some of us, for whatever reason. At least you do have the CD. Just try not to think about how much you paid for it.

how much was the cd if you mind me asking? Ball park figure is fine. More than $50?

$79 For the first entire CD. We paid $30 for one photo on the CD. My wife used our dive camera for video but they banned me from taking pictures near my family. I predicted that they would ban "water cameras" in my May 5 posting. We just returned from a Carnival cruise last week and sure enough- No water cameras allowed. We won't be returning to Chunkanaab again.

My girlfriend got hit for 100 dollars in Cayman for the CD from the dolphin excursion so it could be worse. I was shocked at the price but didnt press the issue since she really liked the pics and it was a once in a life deal. But for anyone going i would suggest bargaining or grouping up and getting one cd and splitting it - remember those pics are worthless to them once you leave, and deal accordingly. Or just speak with your money and avoid them until they remember who the customer is.

I was there just two weeks ago and our group was told that disposable waterproof cameras were allowed, but no regular waterproof cameras. Not sure why, but that's a tip if you want to bring a disposable.

As for us, the price of the CD for a 2-person group was $109. When we waited for the crowd to clear in the photo area and then balked at the price with one of the sales reps, he then discretely offered to give us the CD for the 1-person price of $79. Still a lot, but $30 off is not bad, so we bought it. As others have said, the pictures are great.

I was there just two weeks ago and our group was told that disposable waterproof cameras were allowed, but no regular waterproof cameras. Not sure why, but that's a tip if you want to bring a disposable.

As for us, the price of the CD for a 2-person group was $109. When we waited for the crowd to clear in the photo area and then balked at the price with one of the sales reps, he then discretely offered to give us the CD for the 1-person price of $79. Still a lot, but $30 off is not bad, so we bought it. As others have said, the pictures are great.

We were there May21 with a disposable waterproof camera and they made us put it back. :(

That really sucks, but I completely understand why. They are there to make money as any other place and I was shocked that they allowed them to begin with.

When we were there, they wanted $139 for all the pictures they could find of us and just the dolphin.

From what I've read over the years on this board, they seem to pull a dollar figure out of the air and see if you go along with it. I have heard people say "no way, that's too much" and they have lowered the price to get them to buy it. However, I still think it's really expensive. But then again, it's hard to put a dollar figure on the memories. :(

That really sucks...I would assume they won't allow them for the manatees either...I can understand why, though - the pix my husband & I took of each other were just as good as the ones the photog took. BOO! I'm disappointed and may have to rethink our visit in September....

Archived