Is it possible to downgrade from a higher cat. But still use our three grade, upgrade

grammy c

We booked a Skye Suite last year while on the Eclipse, and thus were given a few perks. A 3/grade upgrade was one. If we choose to change cabins would we have to stay in that cat. or could we say move to C/C class. And since the cats. vary so much in price where do you start counting. If I want C2 (for location) which cat. would I actually pay for? I'm asking here because TA is vacationing and I think if I make a chg. today a Sale price might also be in play for the past holiday. Any help would be great!

So you would have booked a S1 but paid for an S2 which is the pricing you should be tracking. If you downgrade to a Concierge Class the category upgrade does not follow but your pricing would change from the S2 to the CC. I think I confused myself:D:confused: Best bet would be to call the Passages Desk for clarification but don't know if they would make any changes for you as you are using a TA

Editing myself - As far as I know there are no category upgrades for cabins higher than Concierge. Might be wrong though - it has happened before!

We booked a Skye Suite last year while on the Eclipse, and thus were given a few perks. A 3/grade upgrade was one. If we choose to change cabins would we have to stay in that cat. or could we say move to C/C class. And since the cats. vary so much in price where do you start counting. If I want C2 (for location) which cat. would I actually pay for? I'm asking here because TA is vacationing and I think if I make a chg. today a Sale price might also be in play for the past holiday. Any help would be great!

I'm confused by your post. The 3 category upgade only applies to categories within a particular class. For example: You can book a 1C and receive a 1A. You cannot book a 1A and receive a Concierge since they are in different classes. Nor, can you book a C3 and receive a C1, this is a recent change. You can downgrade if you are not in final payment, but only upgrade once final payment is made. If you want a C2 you might need to cancel your original reservation and rebook at the current C2 price. Speak to your agent about any change so that you might protect your onboard booking credit.

So you would have booked a S1 but paid for an S2 which is the pricing you should be tracking. If you downgrade to a Concierge Class the category upgrade does not follow but your pricing would change from the S2 to the CC. I think I confused myself:D:confused: Best bet would be to call the Passages Desk for clarification but don't know if they would make any changes for you as you are using a TA

I was typing as you were posting. Celebrity will not assist once you have an agent.

Yes, that is the delema. We want to downgrade to C2 for location but wasn't sure if our perks would follow us or not. BUT at present that cat is almost $700 cheaper that it was last year, so will just wait to talk to TA and hope this particular cabin is still avail. and the price is still good. Never made any of these chgs. before and it is also our first time to book aboard for future. Thanks anyway.

Yes, that is the delema. We want to downgrade to C2 for location but wasn't sure if our perks would follow us or not. BUT at present that cat is almost $700 cheaper that it was last year, so will just wait to talk to TA and hope this particular cabin is still avail. and the price is still good. Never made any of these chgs. before and it is also our first time to book aboard for future. Thanks anyway.

You would absolutely lose your suite perks if you moved down.

Unless the perks outweigh the $700 you'd be saving by moving to a C2, I would just straight out book the C2 direct through Celebrity while your TA is on vacation because those prices could change by the time she returns. When she gets back, you can just have her cancel the other booking.

Yes, you would lose your deposit (the only way not to lose it is to transfer that same reservation number over to the new booking, but only your travel agent can cancel and rebook), but if you only put down $100/pp, it may still be worth your while. And you can always (if you choose to), transfer the new sailing over to your TA, as long as you do it within 60 days of booking.

And btw, if you are moving to a C2, I would suggest one of the cabins on the angled part of the hump. Those balconies are double and triple the size of the standard balconies. The actual cabin size is the same.

Jo-Ann

If the original on board booking is cancelled, the option of $100pp deposit plus the applicable OBC is lost. Those perks are tied to that booking number. You might try to do a courtesy hold on a C2 cabin and maybe reach someone else in your TA's office (the manager eg) that could handle this for you. If you do a new booking do not cancel the old one. Just transfer it to another itinerary (doesn't matter which one) and keep the OBC intact until you decide on your next cruise:D

Thanks to all. After rehashing the whole mix, I've decided that with ALL the perks from both TA and CEL. for booking this future cruise, that it might just be my best bet to do THAT SUITE THING this time and not be so cheap. It will be our first, and to have a S1 vs. a C/C --C2 for less that $1800 for 14 day will be something I might regret as time goes by. My real concern now, is if we do this, we may never go back ! Thanks again!

You will love your Sky Suite (and Butler!!) Enjoy:D

You will also receive 2 (1 each week) comp. dinners in the speciality restaurant of your choice. That's a $160 value if you dine twice in Murano. The S1 is really quite nice.

I don't believe the three category upgrade applies other than for inside and OV cabins. Thats what I was told on my last booking.

You can book a 1C balcony and get a 1A. I did this on my last cruise. I booked a C1 on the Relflection TA next April and received a C1 aft. Can no longer do that. Can only go from a C3 to a C2.

Is it true that you can no longer have a three category upgrade on CC cabins?

When was that put into effect?

Unfortunately, yes. I believe the change in rules was made in October or November, 2012.

Unfortunately, yes. I believe the change in rules was made in October or November, 2012.

Hi, I hope you meant 2011;)...we have not made it to Oct 2012 yet.

Archived