Sky Suite noise problems on Solstice class?

39august

A year or so ago, I was reading comments about problems with noise in Sky Suites as they are under the OV. There was some speculation that perhaps the newer Sotlstice class ships will not have this problem. Some of the accounts I read were pretty horendous! So, can anyone comment who has stayed in a SS on Silhouette? Reflection is not out yet, right? Considering Reflection winter of 2013-14 in a SS.

We have stayed in 2123 on the Solstice and 2127 on the Silhouette. While the Solstice was nosier than the Silhouette, we could still hear the carts as they rolled overhead in the Ocean View on the Silhouette. It didn't bother us that much and I would still book one of these cabins. However, someone who is more sensitive to noise might feel differently.

Mary

We were in 2146 on the Solstice and had no issues with the noise. We are fairly early risers if that makes any difference but still, nothing extraordinary.

On sea days, there was a bit of chair beginning around 7 AM but again, no big deal.

I have also read about the horrendous noise and really have to take it with a grain of salt. It is a cruise ship after all, not a retirement village nor a secluded resort. Some people just like to complain ;)

We were in 2152 on the Silhouette, almost dead center aft directly below the OV. We heard a little bit of chit chat when on our balcony, no big deal. In the evening, in our room even with the balcony door closed, we heard the staff dragging the deck furniture back into place. It was never very late at night so it didn't keep us awake, but it was loud enough that we'd stop tallking or have to turn up the TV volume a tad. The furniture weighs a ton so I get that they can't just lift them to move them.

I've heard that ash can be a problem, but we never noticed any.

S2's are right under OV Cafe and yes, you can hear carts rolling. Some nights it bothered us, others not so much.

This, in our opinion, is a bad design flaw for suite location.

Another poster said what I agree: if you're a light sleeper it may bother you more.

Judy

p.s. Last trip on the Equinox we upgraded to an S1. We have found our favourite suite location!

We were in 2152 on the Silhouette, almost dead center aft directly below the OV. We heard a little bit of chit chat when on our balcony, no big deal. In the evening, in our room even with the balcony door closed, we heard the staff dragging the deck furniture back into place. It was never very late at night so it didn't keep us awake, but it was loud enough that we'd stop tallking or have to turn up the TV volume a tad. The furniture weighs a ton so I get that they can't just lift them to move them.

I've heard that ash can be a problem, but we never noticed any.

Mom and Dad are in 2155 on Solstice. I hope this doesn't bother them, can you tell me what time of night it mainly was?

Archived