Mystery dinner cancelled...

Had an email to say that the show / dinner had been cancelled... I am soo disappointed as thought it would be a great night since we are cruising with my family and there will be a group of us.

Any ideas of the real reason they have been cancelled? (The email said something like the theatre closing down but I thought the show was in the Portofino restaurant?)

Never mind, still super excited for our cruise anyhow! :D

I remember this happening before and I believe the reason had to do with the production show cast. They are the ones who put on the mystery dinner show. It may have something to do with a cast change. At least they let you know ahead of time.

Have a great cruise.

When we were on the Indy, we had booked the Murder Mystery Dinner. However, the night before one of the cast members broke her wrist. She was one of the actresses in the Murder Mystery so obviously the dinner show could not go on. We were given an apology for the broken reservation and a discount for dining at Portofino's. You might want to ask about that since it wasn't your fault that your reservation was cancelled. The dinner at Portofino's was excellent and we liked getting some $$ off the price!

When we were on the Indy, we had booked the Murder Mystery Dinner. However, the night before one of the cast members broke her wrist. She was one of the actresses in the Murder Mystery so obviously the dinner show could not go on.

Somewhat surprising there was no understudy or backup.

Whatever happened to "the show must go on?"

What ship are you going on?

We will be on the Explorer next week, and the Dinner is still showing on our reservations in My Cruises.

OP has Indy in their signature...I'm guessing that is the ship.

Yes we are going on Indy 25th Aug...

Nothing is going to stop me from enjoying this cruise with all my family, but it's a shame the dinner had to be cancelled as we thought it sounded like a lot of fun, especially since there's a group of us going.

Never mind, thanks for your responses.. And for those still booked on I hope your night still goes ahead and you have a lot of fun!

It must be the indi as we are sailing on sat and had the murder mystery cancelled. We presumed it was because of the jubilee street party and celebrations which rcci are putting on. This weekend is a huge jubilee celebration at sea! Finishing with jubilee day in Gibraltar

Archived