Confused about age requirements

My DS is 24 years old and wants to take a cruise with 2 friends who are the same age. A Carnival rep just told me as long as they were over 21 that they could book the cruise without any problems. I was under the impression that they needed to be 25. After reading some previous threads on here about problems regarding age, I just want to make sure this is correct. Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

My DS is 24 years old and wants to take a cruise with 2 friends who are the same age. A Carnival rep just told me as long as they were over 21 that they could book the cruise without any problems. I was under the impression that they needed to be 25. After reading some previous threads on here about problems regarding age, I just want to make sure this is correct. Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

No. Only need to be 21. You only have to be over 25 if someone else is under 21.

Sounds like since they're all over 21 it should be fine. From Carnival's site:

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older.

Archived