RCCL Visa Card.....

When my DH opened his RCI Visa account a few months ago, the offer was for 15,000 points on board, but only 10,000 points online. We have other rewards cards (Marriott, cash back, Delta SkyMiles) and use the one that offers us the most rewards for the purchase we are making at the time. We use the RCI card for only RCI purchases and still enjoyed a free 4-night companion fare (worth $500) when we got to 25,000 points - not difficult when you start with 15,000 free points.

I think it is well worth it. You get double points for anything spent with RCI, so if you start with 15,000 points you need to spend $5,000 with RCI to reach 25,000 points. That is worth $250 OBC or up to $500 on a 3- or 4-night companion fare. $500 is 10% of the $5,000 spent, so you would be getting a 10% return on your money. Of course, if you have to spend so much on airfare that a 4-night cruise is not practical, it would not be as good a deal. We live in Florida, I still work, and shorter cruises work very well for us.

DH and I opened our in August 2010. Since that time we have never gotten onboard with less than a $400 OBC for each sailing. We use the card for EVERYTHING and pay it off each month. Totally worth it for us :D!

Thanks for the info! I have Skymile card now, but we have more airmiles than we can usually use. Also, living in FL I feel like I would use the RCCL points more than the air points.
I'll use some of the air points for Alaska next year, but would love some OBC's!
So, I guess if tehre is no benefit to waiting until we are onboard to open one, I will do it before we board to start getting points!

Archived