Celebrity totebags

buddymum

Do Celebrity give totebags on every cruise you go on. We went on our first cruise with them last year and received a free totebag. We are now cruising with Celebrity again this month and i dont want to take the bag with me if they give another one?

Do Celebrity give totebags on every cruise you go on. We went on our first cruise with them last year and received a free totebag. We are now cruising with Celebrity again this month and i dont want to take the bag with me if they give another one?

You do receive a tote bag with each cruise, so no need to bring yours along unless you envision needing two!

Usually one per cabin but if you ask your steward you can often get a second bag. The bags vary by cabin category -- Concierge Class get a nicer, sturdier bag. Your second bag might be one from a non Concierge Class room, but you should be able to get two of one sort or another.

Usually one per cabin but if you ask your steward you can often get a second bag. The bags vary by cabin category -- Concierge Class get a nicer, sturdier bag. Your second bag might be one from a non Concierge Class room, but you should be able to get two of one sort or another.

Thanks, that's good to know. I understand only one if your a married couple or such, but when it's two people who live in different areas/house holds...

I will make sure I ask for a 2nd one of any type. ;)

Thanks, that's good to know. I understand only one if your a married couple or such, but when it's two people who live in different areas/house holds...

I will make sure I ask for a 2nd one of any type. ;)

Here's a photo if you're interested in what they look like, courtesy of Lsimon (Larry). http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_4p4D3X#!i=361495147&k=zeRSY

On our recent Summit cruise we were in CC and had a port day on the first day. When we didn't have the bag in our room the first evening, I asked my Steward when we would get it. He said the next evening. I was glad I had packed a bag, otherwise I would not have had anything for our beach gear the next day.

The second evening the bag was still not there, but I did not see the Steward to ask for it, so I went to Guest Relations. There I was told the bags were only left "by request", which I had done the night before! Guest Relations said they would ask my Steward to leave one in my room. Night three - no bag! I saw the room Steward, asked and again and he went and got me one right away.

I would have been out of luck for our first two port days if I didn't bring one. But then again, if I had not brought one I would not have been as patient!

Robin

My Aunt and I shared a cabin on the Silhouette this past April. The steward left 2 bags for us without being asked. My parents in the next cabin received just one. They were different from the picture another poster posted. They were dark blue with a leather like flap. It folded up into a small bag which we used like a wallet.

Larry has kindly provided pictures of two styles of bags. The one on the left is the standard bag. It is fairly flimsy but roomy enough to use as a grocery bag when you return home. The two on the right are the same style bag -- it folds to a small size or unfolds to the larger size. There have been some blue models and some cream-colored models. These are normally given in Concierge Class.

There is another style, not pictured, which you sometimes get -- very sturdy canvas bags. These were given out at Christmas time to all cabins. You also sometimes see them used as prizes for trivia games or name that tune. Current models have a zipper and are much higher quality that either of the other two styles. (Quite often I see these offered on EBay)

Any others out there?

Last year on a Christmas cruise, we got fancier than normal bags: sort of burlap but with gold threads aand zippers. We got them on Christmas eve, so really too late to use as beach totes. They were large and pretty nice. Most of the time, though, in non-concierge

cabins, you get little blue bags in your room when you board. These aren't great but you can use them without fear of ruining something nicer. The only time I got the fold-over bags that are heavier was in Concierge Class (free upgrade from normal balcony).

We have sailed in CC and AQ and received the same bag. They are blue with faux leather handles and fold down into a smaller bag. They are much nicer than the cloth version.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a photo if you're interested in what they look like, courtesy of Lsimon (Larry). http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/Cruise-Ship-Rooms-and-Features/Menus-and-Information/4467773_4p4D3X#!i=361495147&k=zeRSY

I guess they vary slightly depending on the batches or whatever. I like the blue one in the pic better. My "cheap ones" have a turquoise stripe on either side of the cloth handles on both sides. My "pleather" enhanced one is dark blue and doesn't say Celebrity anywhere. Not even an "X" on either the small or large bag. I like that better.

But, hey, they're free and I can never have enough tote bags!

They make great shopping bags.

V to you M&S, trying to charge me for a carrier bag.

you had better get used to being charged, cause I have a funny feeling that our dear Govt will soon bring in law to make this compulsory!!!!!!! the number of times I have got to the checkout and realised that my bags for life are still in the boot of the car GRRRRRRR!!!

we already have a limit on plastic bags. You have to pay 5 cents for a plastic bag if you need one stores can not give them away. We use the re-usable bags and they are actually much better. We pay 99 cents for one and most of the stores have a replacement program where ripped or torn bags are replaced no charge. It seemed like a pain when it started but it's been a few years now and you do get used to remembering the bags.

We've sailed on Celebrity twice, once CC and once standard. We received the pictured tote bags, but both times toward the end of the cruise, so we didn't have them to use on port days.

I am the Queen of Totes and so had enough with me that this was not an issue.

we already have a limit on plastic bags. You have to pay 5 cents for a plastic bag if you need one stores can not give them away. We use the re-usable bags and they are actually much better. We pay 99 cents for one and most of the stores have a replacement program where ripped or torn bags are replaced no charge. It seemed like a pain when it started but it's been a few years now and you do get used to remembering the bags.

Over here these are known as bags for liife - cost 10p and are replaced when worn out. They are more robust than the feee plastic bags -although saying that they seem a lot thinner now than they did a couple of years ago.

Archived