Hotels in Vancouver

kjj322

We will be driving from Seattle to Vancouver to set sail to Alaska. Any recomendations for hotels in Vancouver that are near the docks and reasonable where we can leave the car with shuttle service.

To my knowledge there are only 3 hotels in the downtown core that offer a cruise, park and shuttle packages. They are:

Best Western - Downtown or Drake St.

The Hampton Inn on Robson St.

Executive Vintage Park Inn on Howe St.

There is also but are out of the downtown core:

The Coast Plaza on Denman at Comox St.

The Accent Inns in Burnaby & Richmond

Without a package you will find that parking downtown runs about $25/night.

We too are driving to Vancouver and are planning on spending the night before at the Coast Plaza Hotel. They have a cruise package where you get a room, free parking, a food credit, and ride to the dock.

If you are wanting to spend the night, it works out to be a pretty good deal. More info here: http://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/canada/bc/vancouver/coast_plaza/packages_and_specials/cruise

To my knowledge there are only 3 hotels in the downtown core that offer a cruise, park and shuttle packages. They are:

Best Western - Downtown or Drake St.

The Hampton Inn on Robson St.

Executive Vintage Park Inn on Howe St.

There is also but are out of the downtown core:

The Coast Plaza on Denman at Comox St.

The Accent Inns in Burnaby & Richmond

Without a package you will find that parking downtown runs about $25/night.

I've stayed at the Executive Vintage Park hotel and it was great. So much so that I'm staying there again in July.

I believe that the same company that owns the Hampton also owns the Georgian Court (next door) and has the same amenities. We flew in, so we didn't have to park a car, but they indeed had a shuttle to the cruise ship.

http://www.georgiancourthotelvancouver.com/

If you want a room there, be sure to sign up for Small Luxury Hotels

http://www.slh.com/

You can get a free upgrade I believe.

Good luck!

We stay at the Hampton Inn. We didn't have a car, but the location was good. Breakfast is included as with all Hamptons, and the shuttle to the pier is complimentary. We would stay there again if we were going to be in Vancouver.

I believe that the same company that owns the Hampton also owns the Georgian Court (next door) and has the same amenities. We flew in, so we didn't have to park a car, but they indeed had a shuttle to the cruise ship.

Thanks for sharing this information with us....this means we now have 4 hotels in the downtown core offering a free shuttle to the pier. The shuttle is drop off only (no pick ups), it is on a first come, first serve basis and can only be booked on the day you require it....which shouldn't be a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know there are only the 4, at one time the two Westin properties offered one but it seems to have disappeared from their offerings the past few years. That said you would be hard pressed to spend more than $10 for a cab from any downtown hotel to Canada Place so I would be more inclined to focus on my hotel and its rate then a free shuttle to the port.

Any other input? Only 4 hotels offer a shuttle?

It strikes me you just need to factor in that it will cost $10 for a taxi from somewhere else. Limiting yourself to a bunch of hotels w/ free shuttles that cost say $150; would be a false economy if you could find a hotel for $120 but would have to add $10 for a taxi.

It strikes me you just need to factor in that it will cost $10 for a taxi from somewhere else. Limiting yourself to a bunch of hotels w/ free shuttles that cost say $150; would be a false economy if you could find a hotel for $120 but would have to add $10 for a taxi.

He has to find parking too.

We got a great rate at the PanPacific that included full breakfast and a 2 pm check out .AAA rate of 225!

This is better than any package rate we found all considered. I believ there is parking there as well.

You will love the Pan Pacific - it is my favorite hotel in Vancouver & yes I am a local but have stayed in many of our downtown hotels.

Located above the cruise ship terminal the bell man will actually deliver your luggage to the cruise ship for you so all you have to do is ride the elevator to the cruise ship level...

Views from this hotel are wonderful and the location great with lots of restaurants close by and Gas Town and the Harbor Centre Tower only 3 blocks over.

Enjoy

We got a great rate at the PanPacific that included full breakfast and a 2 pm check out .AAA rate of 225!

This is better than any package rate we found all considered. I believ there is parking there as well.

Lovely hotel, superb location and yes they have parking that is part of Canada Place but the parking will run $23 per day. The good news is that a free shuttle is not necessary.:)

What a fantastic rate for the Pan Pacific! For us mere mortals (not in the AAA) it's well over $300 per night.

Archived