Clothes on the ship

silkhair1

I was wondering what I should wear during the day on the ship (Infinity) in Alaska? Is this a capri/shirt, jeans/shirt, or a more dressy atmosphere? Thank you

During the day to Alaska? Long pants and long sleeves...(that is my

wardrobe anyway)...not dressy during the day at all. If you are not

into long sleeves...then short sleeves and a sweater/jacket/etc....

Capri's I wear in the Caribbean but they not my choice for Alaska...

but that is just me.

I was wondering what I should wear during the day on the ship (Infinity) in Alaska? Is this a capri/shirt, jeans/shirt, or a more dressy atmosphere? Thank you

Yes casual. Definitely not dressy. Whatever you would wear at home during the day, depending on weather. Bring along layers for stepping outdoors while onboard the ship. ANd definitely good shoes/walking boots for the day's activities you choose. You won't see many capris.

We've been there before but it was ages ago and in August. Now going in July. No idea what to expect!! I think it COULD be warm, no?

Hi Cathy:), what do you consider warm? I have been 3 times

and it was cold (to me) all the 3 cruises...I LOVE Alaska and want

to go again but I dress for cold weather on this itinerary;)

I've been to Alaska on two cruises, both in June. It was very warm in port most days, but cooler at sea, especially near the icebergs. Wore fleece jackets when outside at sea but jeans and light sweaters on the ship. We went to the artic circle to a sustainable village and it was 90 degrees Farhenheit. So be prepared to have layers. Also needed a jacket on the whale watching cruise...the highlight of my trip. Alaska is fantastic.

We've been there before but it was ages ago and in August. Now going in July. No idea what to expect!! I think it COULD be warm, no?

Where will you be in Alaska? The Interior, ie Fairbanks, can be in the 80s and low 90s in late June and July.

Alaska can have a wide range of weather within a single day. On our only Alaskan cruise, in the first week of August, I remember one day at sea sailing by Glaciers where we were freezing in warm clothes and jackets in the morning and in the afternoon we were comfortably wearing shorts and t-shirts out on deck. Look here and here. We were wearing shorts for excursions in Ketchikan but the weather was usually sunny and warm there.

Your best bet is to bring comfortable clothes that you can layer together to adjust between warm and cool weather.

As everyone has noted casual clothing during the daytime. Layering with light weight fleece works well.

The key to your shore days is waterproof outerwear...not water resistant, waterproof. This applies to footwear too. Take extra sox. They take longer to dry if you wish to wash them out in the sink and hang to dry.

We've been a couple of times and the temps have varied from the mid 80's to the 50's ashore and of course much colder as you sail in the glacial bays.

Hats and gloves can be wonderful, especially in Skagway where the harbor can be very windy. There are two docking areas there and one gets very breezy (and cold.) Once you are in town you won't notice it but it can be challenging.

Jeans are acceptable in the day time but if the weather is damp they become miserable.

Your evening attire is documented in the Celebrity information.

Have a great cruise!

Archived