Robes and Slippers

I understand we will be provided robes and slippers in our cabin. Are these for us to take home???

Not the robe - though you can purchase - slippers are only towelling mules and would not be reused.

Not the robe - though you can purchase - slippers are only towelling mules and would not be reused.

While the cruise line doesn't re-use the slippers what we do is take them with us and put them on when we take our shoes off on the plan on the long flights. Wonderful to have on when one walks around on a plane and goes to the lavatory, which we all know has a floor that is less than sanitary. Our form of recycling!:)

Are you sure about this? I haven't asked on board, but have contacted the main office twice about purchasing Regent bathrobes and were told that they are not available for sale:confused:

As I mentioned, I did not look or ask on board because adding that much weight to our luggage would not be a good idea (wouldn't fit anyway:-) I think Regent is missing a money making opportunity by not selling their logo items online.

I think most cruise lines and fine hotels offer their robes for sale at point of purchase. You can always have the robes or any other items you purchase on the ship or on shore shipped by the concierge. We use Luggage Concierge which makes it easy for us to shop as we take one empty bag for gifts etc and that stays with us the rest of the stuff is shipped home.

It is expensive and I am sure Regent offers this service as well.

As for robes and what they charge you on cruise lines you are better off going to Nordstrom's or Neiman Marcus and buying a great robe without a logo on it.

during the time of the Radisson to Regent transition, we got to our cabin and found a large wrapped package and a note asking us to accept the gift as a sign of appreciation from RSSC. we found one of those big, bulky white robes, new in the plastic wrap. after the initial pleasure, I remember our dismay at the prospect of getting it into our luggage and hauling it home.

I'm guessing the logo was the harp, as we finally gave it away... still new and never worn.

I have one I bought on the Radisson Seven Seas Mariner on her maiden season in Alaska. I keep it hanging on the hook on the back of our bedroom door.

The reality is - it is so heavy to WASH that I rarely put it on. But I do love seeing it.

Are you sure about this? I haven't asked on board, but have contacted the main office twice about purchasing Regent bathrobes and were told that they are not available for sale:confused:

Yes I am sure - now! ;)

Archived