Beach hotel in Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral

NCTribeFan

I didn't want to clog up the "I Work in Port C" thread with my personal questions, so thought I'd start a separate thread.

Last time I sailed from Port C, thanks to the excellent information provided by the locals in that other thread, I rented a car from Avis one way and stayed at the Radisson. Got a nice upgrade to a suite from Joe, the manager.

This time, I'm sailing solo on Leg 1 of a B2B. For Leg 2, my DD & her new DH and my cruising buddy are joining me.

I thought I'd like to stay at a beachfront hotel this time. I was unaware that there are fly, stay and cruise packages. I thought that might be the easiest thing to do.

Here's what I'm finding, though.

Several of those hotels get great reviews from many, but terrible reviews from others. It seems as though many of them are older and several have newer wings/towers. The great reviews are from people who have stayed in the newer portions; horrible reviews for the older rooms.

If I have to pay extra to get a decent room, then that rather offsets part of the reason I'd book one of these packages!

So what I'm looking for are recommendations for reasonably-priced hotels, preferably on the beach or a block or so away, with restaurants and shopping nearby.

Of course, if I rent a car, I can get to wherever I want.

I'd like to hear from people who have stayed recently, and whether they had to "upgrade" to get a decent room. I don't want my pre-cruise night to be spent in a musty, mildew-filled room, with screaming kids in a pool right outside my door.

But I also don't want to pay out the nose!

Thanks!

I stayed at Hampton Inn last December and will do so again this year. The room was very clean, had a nice continental breakfast, pool, shuttle to cruise for a charge and a short walk down a path to the ocean. I think some of the upper floor balconies have an ocean view.

Doubletree is a little more than I was hoping to pay, plus I'd have to buy breakfast.

I'm trying to keep this portion of the trip fairly inexpensive, since I'm paying everything for my DD & her DH on Leg 2 of the trip (including the balcony cabin).

So anything I can keep from spending would help.

My Hilton Honors number doesn't seem to be valid any more. It's been a while since I stayed at one of their properties. If I can't get it reactivated, I'll probably look for a Holiday Inn or Marriott property. I might even have enough points with either of those to pay for one night. If not, at least I'd earn more points!

We just stayed at Doubletree also.

My Hilton number wasn't working and called them and they reactivated mine as i didn't use it enough.

As far as the Doubletree it has just been remodeled as it was damaged from a hurricane.

We stayed in the Executive level at $130 a night. It came with a lounge that served drinks and appetizers & free breakfast in the restaurant.

This hotel also has one of the only direct access to the beach.

I found the best price on their site using my Hilton number.:)

Thanks for that info. I could probably live with $130 if breakfast is included. I'll have to check rates for the Hampton, too.

I don't mind walking a block or two to the beach.

Just checked SW air as it just became available for my dates. Roundtrip nonstop only $261. That's less than I was expecting, so I can spend a little more on the hotel.

Get your HHonors number reactivated. I got my Doubletree room for under $80/night in December, and they threw in full breakfast in the restaurant. The rate started out around $100 2 months before we left. Once your number is reactivated, book through hiltonfamilymvp.com, and keep checking the rate to get the best deal. I rebooked/cancelled a few times to get this rate the week of our stay. Maybe book something else that is in your range and keep trying for this one...as long as you don't have to prepay this will work. Right now for your date I am getting a price of $103, or $135 on the executive floor(comp breakfast for the higher price). You could get it for $103 and bring granola bars or buy breakfast. For $95 you can get the Hampton Inn which includes breakfast.

If you can't get a good rate, the Best Western on the beach also gets good reviews. There are also a Hilton and Sheraton on the beach.

The mvp rate for Doubletree for Dec. is $87.20 plus tax for a total of $96.79 That is a double queen/ns balcony room with ocean view. They allow free parking while on your cruise and the shuttle to and from the port is only $5.00

I don't know when you are cruising but this rate looks good to me. Most of the hotels charge for parking.

I can't find my Honors card. I might have tossed it. It's probably been a couple of years, at least, since I stayed at a Hilton or Hampton Inn. Maybe I should just call and see if they can track down anything from my old email address.

I'm not seeing anything close to that rate. I'm looking at 11/9, which is a Friday. The regular AAA rate is $122. Executive king balcony is $160! I also need to look at a room on 11/14 for 3 people for the folks joining me for Leg 2 of my B2B.

I won't need a shuttle since I plan on renting a car. They'll shuttle me to the ship when I drop it off.

I appreciate the advice!

The mvp rate for Doubletree for Dec. is $87.20 plus tax for a total of $96.79 That is a double queen/ns balcony room with ocean view. They allow free parking while on your cruise and the shuttle to and from the port is only $5.00

I don't know when you are cruising but this rate looks good to me. Most of the hotels charge for parking.

When in December is this rating showing for? We're booked for December 1st and I did not see this rate on the mvp site?

NCTribeFan & jennmaybe,

I just looked at Doubletree rates for 11/19 and 12/1 and it shows $87.20 plus tax for a total of $96.79 for 2 double beds/non smoking. You have to look at hiltonfamilymvp.com to find these rates. I believe all rooms have ocean view or ocean front rooms with balconies.

I booked a room on Sunday at this rate.

NCTribeFan & jennmaybe,

I just looked at Doubletree rates for 11/19 and 12/1 and it shows $87.20 plus tax for a total of $96.79 for 2 double beds/non smoking. You have to look at hiltonfamilymvp.com to find these rates. I believe all rooms have ocean view or ocean front rooms with balconies.

Yeah, I noticed when we booked that there was a higher price for oceanview rooms but when we arrived I noticed that all of the windows had an oceanview. Maybe they put you on a higher floor if you book oceanview.

Found my HH card. Now to see if I can reactivate it or if I need to re-register. If I can get that rate, then I certainly would be willing to pay for my own breakfast!

I was also looking at the Holiday Inn Express since I earn points and may have enough for a free night. Oh, I have plenty of points to cover one night! Yippee. That would be the cheapest option yet.

Anyone stayed there? The Trip Advisor reviews are pretty good, except for one or two that are horrible, but that seems to be the case with most hotels.

At Doubletree all the rooms ypu can see the ocean. We were on the 6th floor facing the port towards the back.

We could sit on our balcony which overlooked the parking lot but had a view of the ocean.

We could see the ships go by and woke up Sunday morning with the Freedom of the Seas 4 miles away.

111465968_cruise2012007.jpg.87efec12c0982e922eaba8998e4e78ce.jpg

190969749_cruise2012008.jpg.00265ea3ba6fc78b4aa1dcbb243378ee.jpg

NCTribeFan & jennmaybe,

I will check that out again today.....I would love to get that rate! That's better than my husband's corporate discount. I thought I was on that site, but maybe I didn't do something right. Thanks for the info!!!:)

I will check that out again today.....I would love to get that rate! That's better than my husband's corporate discount. I thought I was on that site, but maybe I didn't do something right. Thanks for the info!!!:)

If trying to look this up, what city to we punch in? Thanks.

I must be doing something wrong. The cheapest I see is 99.20 before tax.

MVP PROGRAM RATE AT DOUBLETREE BY HILTON HOTEL COCOA BEACH OCEANFRONT

Special Rate. HHonors number required when booking. (details)

99.20 USD spacer.gif 2 DOUBLE BEDS NONSMOKING

Do I need to put our honors number in somewhere to get the cheaper rate?

I just checked the price again and it is showing MVP rate of $87.20 plus 11% tax for Dec. 1st for double non smoking room. I typed in http://www.hiltonfamilymvp.com and put in Cocoa Beach, the date and that is what comes up. I don't know why you are getting other rates.

You put in your honors number when you make the reservation.

Got my Honors number reactivated. When I check 11/9, I still get a rate of about $103. Does it depend on what level membership you're at? I'm just a "blue" member.

How did you find the website in the first place? I don't see any sort of link to it from the regular Hilton or HHonors pages? :confused:

And now my cruise buddy asks why we just don't sail from Miami since there are more options. :o

So I guess I'll now get to start researching cruises, air, hotels, etc. in case we change our booking(s).

I'm still leaning toward the HIE because of my point level.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn this March for 2 nights. Did need to request a room change because assigned was in pool area and we found room had a damp feeling. Friends in same area had no issue. Inexpensive, room comfortable and clean. Very quiet during even though we were there for March break time. They do have a fly stay and cruise program with transfer from MCO. Walkable to food, shopping and one block from beach. We would stay there again.

We just returned from a pre- cruise stay at the Four Points Sheraton. The location was PERFECT. One block from the beach and walking distance to everything you might need. We never needed the car.

enjoy

M

We just booked that hotel for our September cruise.

Location seemed perfect - right beside Ron Jons, across the road from Drugstore (for those last minute purchases), and 1 block from beach. :)

We just returned from a pre- cruise stay at the Four Points Sheraton. The location was PERFECT. One block from the beach and walking distance to everything you might need. We never needed the car.

enjoy

M

I just booked the 4 Points for November and hoped it was a good hotel. My sister works for Sheraton and they have a family rate of only $49 per night. The rate was so low we decided to stay 2 nights.

Archived