NCL NB Sun to Whittier + 4day Denali

davesgirl51

Here is a site for a Tour company that my TA highly reccommends - not sure if BQ approves :) - but they offer a wide range of tours that work with both cruise ships and flights to Anchorage or Fairbanks.

http://www.alaskatravel.com/

Here is a link to my favorite tour pkg http://www.alaskatravel.com/tours/tour-x422.html

Here is their explaination of the Denali tours

http://www.alaskatravel.com/denali-park/tours.html

Good Luck

Good grief. :) I have seen some excellent trip reports about some private tour companies. Key would be, to make certain- they have a track record, of operating for several years. There also is a big difference if it is a local Alaska company, with their own guides and staff. I see little benefit in using a booking agent. Very likely they have never even been on the tours, or know the operators enough to make any detailed recommendations.

I do not see any interest with this poster changing what they have booked. No indication that it matters to them, but it does appear they did not know all the details prior to purchasing.

This recommendation- could be very worthwhile for others to consider. This board's information is usually more useful for people with planning and prior to purchasing. Most of the time, finding out the unknown is probably a shock, but even with the time and details for alternatives- people, many times are not willing to change. It's great to have all these options in this planning- as general information.

Good grief. :) I have seen some excellent trip reports about some private tour companies. Key would be, to make certain- they have a track record, of operating for several years. There also is a big difference if it is a local Alaska company, with their own guides and staff. I see little benefit in using a booking agent. Very likely they have never even been on the tours, or know the operators enough to make any detailed recommendations.

I do not see any interest with this poster changing what they have booked. No indication that it matters to them, but it does appear they did not know all the details prior to purchasing.

This recommendation- could be very worthwhile for others to consider. This board's information is usually more useful for people with planning and prior to purchasing. Most of the time, finding out the unknown is probably a shock, but even with the time and details for alternatives- people, many times are not willing to change. It's great to have all these options in this planning- as general information.

I agree with you completely and would like to thank you for making me think twice about using the cruiseline's land tours - and while I have not yet done a land tour - yet. I now know much more about what I want to do and how much time it will take to do it.

Maybe the cruiselines get by with the blind leading the blind :D but I can't

I agree with you completely and would like to thank you for making me think twice about using the cruiseline's land tours - and while I have not yet done a land tour - yet. I now know much more about what I want to do and how much time it will take to do it.

Maybe the cruiselines get by with the blind leading the blind :D but I can't

I greatly- and entirely fault cruiselines for, what I consider- almost deceptive vague descriptions. I know- many posters take offense at being told- "they didn't know what they booked", but that is a fact.

Especially in the terms of time and money with a lot of Americans- both can be very limited. So tour operators attempt to still "offer", what appears on paper as very similar- including all the key "words", leading to assumptions that just are not valid.

Bottom line- like it or not- group point to point travel in Alaska- what cruisetours are- see the least and have the most restrictive add on options- due to time, and few if any alternative transportation options.

First timers, especially- read the "descriptions", look at those- close up wildlife photos, spectacular Denali views etc and, think that is what they will get. Time, is not mentioned about the transits- that is always a disbelief- by questions and responses on this board. Denali- is the highlight of cruisetours- and we both know, this is the biggest feature- that is clearly, not understood. Again, very attractive wording- beautiful photos- then the Natural History tour listed. :(

It is just sickening to me- that many people just end up accepting this- what a shame to be all the way there- money and time spent, and miss out completely. Everyone is different in their styles and acceptances. Hopefully there isn't regret.

It is clearly a case with many people just not realizing there was any more. I have been many times in Talkeetna- at the Roadhouse- family style table seating, and hearing over and over- they didn't get why the hype about "Denali". At the train station, I've see cruisetour people lined up hours before the train, bored- we like photographing it coming into the station. :)

I am an advocate of the facts.

Archived