What is up with Carnival?

SuiteLady

I value the opinion of all u CC members and would like ur thoughts on the situation that happened to me today.....Background: Booked 2 rooms in January-an OS and extended balcony room next door. My husband and I in the OS and my two sons-ages 22 and 18 and son's friend 17 in the balcony room. I booked directly with Carnival and had the rep. on the phone for like an hour because of taking my son's friend who is a minor, asking all pertinent questions ie: what kind of letter and other documents I would need and precisely what it needed to say (we have done this before on RCI, so I wanted to make sure if Carnival required something different. The rep told me that the only stipulation is that they needed to be next to us or across the hall, so this dictated what room/s we could have....ok...fast forward to today. I call because they are having discounted residence rates for PA....for GS and wanted to see if there were any similiar set ups (with room next to a GS) so we could upgrade....well, the rep. goes on to tell me that my son's friend needs to be in the SAME ROOM as my husband or I, as he is a minor and not traveling with his parents. She explained it would just be for booking purposes and we can go to guest services and change rooms, once on board. I can live with this...so, here is the issue. She booked me in the room with my two sons and my husband with my son's friend. So natrually, being a past guest, I then say that I would like to get the past guest discount on the second room. She looks it up and says that there are no more 8J rooms for 3 people available and therefore could not give me a discount because it would not give her any rates...only for ones with 2 people in them. She said that I could keep checking back, and if an 8J room opened for 3 people, they would look up the discount and give it to me???? Does this make sense?? I told her that I don't feel this is fair, as they allowed me to book that way, knowing the situation, and now 20 days before sailing I get a call and can't get my discount? Please help me out here and tell me if I am wrong or shed some light on this for me because I am dumbfounded.....thanks!

Someone made a mistake. If the minor is not related to you, someone does have to be at least 25 in the cabin.

What you need to do is move you or your husband into that cabin on paper .. and then once onboard, you just go to the pursers desk to change the occupants. Its done all the time. This is solvable. Dont panic.

Whomever booked you made a big mistake... I would blame that person. If the friend is 17 .. he cannot be in the same cabin with just your sons. I dont think you can fight this, except to be upset with whomever made the mistake in the first place.

Passenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

Note:

It is mandatory that all minor age bookings be cross referenced with the parents’, grandparents’ or legal guardian’s booking.

Carnival will document all bookings on their side as well.

If there are no triples available at the past passenger discount in that category, she cannot give you the rate for just two people. Maybe keep thinking about a way to trade around that you can make it work .. I would keep thinking about it until I came up with something and watching and looking at the rates.

Archived