Fascination with HMC itinerary

I'm starting to check dates for booking Fascination to take our annual visit to HMC, but it looks like they are really cutting back the number of times this ship calls on this port. It looks like there are alot more Nassau/Freeport sailings though. (Yech!)

I hope this is a mistake and I am missing the cruise dates to HMC. :confused:

I'm starting to check dates for booking Fascination to take our annual visit to HMC, but it looks like they are really cutting back the number of times this ship calls on this port. It looks like there are alot more Nassau/Freeport sailings though. (Yech!)

I hope this is a mistake and I am missing the cruise dates to HMC. :confused:

She calls on HMC twice a month, that's about the same as in the past.

http://www.carnival.com/core/cruisedetails.aspx?embkCode=JAX&itinCode=BAE&durDays=4&shipCode=FS&subRegionCode=BH&numGuests=2&showDbl=False&isOver55=N&isPastGuest=Y&stateCode=OH&isMilitary=N&sailDate=5/2/2013&sailingID=62064&sailingSearchParams=dat:,dest:,dur:,embkCode:,pageNumber:1,pageSize:20,PastGuest:Y,Senior:N,shipCode:FS,sort:FromPrice,StateCode:OH,numGuests:2,offersOnly:false,tgo:,Military:,length:1,

http://www.carnival.com/core/cruisedetails.aspx?embkCode=JAX&itinCode=BAR&durDays=5&shipCode=FS&subRegionCode=BH&numGuests=2&showDbl=False&isOver55=N&isPastGuest=Y&stateCode=OH&isMilitary=N&sailDate=5/18/2013&sailingID=63770&sailingSearchParams=dat:,dest:,dur:,embkCode:,pageNumber:1,pageSize:20,PastGuest:Y,Senior:N,shipCode:FS,sort:FromPrice,StateCode:OH,numGuests:2,offersOnly:false,tgo:,Military:,length:1,

http://www.carnival.com/core/cruisedetails.aspx?embkCode=JAX&itinCode=BAT&durDays=5&shipCode=FS&subRegionCode=BH&numGuests=2&showDbl=False&isOver55=N&isPastGuest=Y&stateCode=OH&isMilitary=N&sailDate=6/9/2012&sailingID=63696&sailingSearchParams=dat:,dest:,dur:,embkCode:,pageNumber:1,pageSize:20,PastGuest:Y,Senior:N,shipCode:FS,sort:FromPrice,StateCode:OH,numGuests:2,offersOnly:false,tgo:,Military:,length:1,

There is even a 7 day cruise next May that calls on HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau

http://www.carnival.com/core/cruisedetails.aspx?embkCode=JAX&itinCode=EC2&durDays=7&shipCode=FS&subRegionCode=CE&numGuests=2&showDbl=False&isOver55=N&isPastGuest=Y&stateCode=OH&isMilitary=N&sailDate=5/11/2013&sailingID=61984&sailingSearchParams=dat:,dest:,dur:,embkCode:,pageNumber:1,pageSize:20,PastGuest:Y,Senior:N,shipCode:FS,sort:FromPrice,StateCode:OH,numGuests:2,offersOnly:false,tgo:,Military:,length:1,

She calls on HMC twice a month, that's about the same as in the past.

Thanks for the detailed reply. :)

I still think there's something different with the schedule. I entered Jan 2013 - May 2013 and there are only 4 sailings that go to HMC in that period.

In fact, of those four date, there are one each in March and April. May has two. They don't show anything in January, which is when we've gone the past two years.

I hope I am doing something wrong and I'm not seeing some HMC sailings.

As an alternative, it looks like Ecstasy (from Port Canaveral) has several 5 night cruises in January 2013 that include Half Moon Cay. Looks like Fascination is doing the KW, Nassau run more often than before with Ecstasy getting more of the cruises to HMC.

Also, HMC is actually Holland America's private island. It is all under the Carnival umbrella so CCL uses it as well. However, Holland really has first call on it. The thing is that CCL sails there year round while Holland only really does the Caribbean during the peak months for that region (usually around December to May or June). Therefore, Holland is using the island a lot more during the winter months.

As an alternative, it looks like Ecstasy (from Port Canaveral) has several 5 night cruises in January 2013 that include Half Moon Cay. Looks like Fascination is doing the KW, Nassau run more often than before with Ecstasy getting more of the cruises to HMC.

I really, really wanted to do a nice, long cruise in November to celebrate my 60th. Couldn't get anyone to go with me for a longer cruise (not even 7 nights :( ) and couldn't afford to go solo on the 10 night HAL I wanted.

So I settled for a B2B on Ecstasy. Yep, I sure do want to stop at Freeport and Nassau twice in 9 days! :p

I'm only doing it because Leg 1, when I'm solo, we go to HMC. This will be my 6th stop. Thankfully, we've been able to tender each time, although the 2nd (Elation) we waited a really long time before they started over, so I think we were really lucky to get that stop in.

My 7 night Fantasy (it was her 2nd cruise after relocating to Charleston) was Nassau, Grand Turk and HMC. Great itinerary.

OP, go to Carnival.com, click the Ports & Desinations tab at the top, select Bahamas; then the Ports of Call tab, then the red "View all Bahamas Ports" and select HMC.

There should be a search bar for just HMC sailings. You can only select one month, but once it comes up with those cruises, you should be able to select a range.

If you're willing to fly, Liberty and Destiny both sail there. Destiny does a 5 day.

But your options will be much more limited if you only want to drive to a close-to-home port.

OP, go to Carnival.com, click the Ports & Desinations tab at the top, select Bahamas; then the Ports of Call tab, then the red "View all Bahamas Ports" and select HMC.

There should be a search bar for just HMC sailings. You can only select one month, but once it comes up with those cruises, you should be able to select a range.

Thanks for this info. Yep, it sure confirms my observation that Fascination has only two sailings to HMC in March & April 2013. Nothing in Jan or Feb, which is when we've gone the past two years. Bummer.

We may have to check into the Ecstasy sailings out of PC. That ship seems to have a lot of the stops at HMC early next year.

Archived