Haven-Posh and/or Private sun deck ???

Luckybee

I'm a little confused having read threads re: posh and a private sun deck for the haven. If I've understood things correctly for haven guests there are 3 places that one can lounge in the sun that are private. First the courtyard, secondly posh for which passes are also sold and third(and this is where im a bit confused) a private deck which seems to be above the courtyard and away from posh and the courtyard, and this seems to be only for haven guests. Am I correct in my analysis ?

Yes, you are correct.

The courtyard (with the pool) and the sundecks in the front are only for suite passengers. Posh is for suites and also for those that purchase the passes.

Thanks Bobbye...is the photo that is #22 in your epic album the private haven sundeck?

Posh is an adult only area and so is Spic H20.

It all depends what you mean by private area? Epic has 75 suites and most of them are 2 bedroom. The courtyard on Epic was pretty full when I was there and felt like a hotel pool. Unlike smalller ships where only a handful of people have access, Epic has hundreds of people that have access. When I was on board, the teenage kids pretty much claimed the hot tubs and the swimming pool was used as a kiddie pool. It did not bother us since we prefered Posh anyway but just FYI it is not as private as the smaller ships.

One area that is very nice is Spic H20. It has a small pool and it was almost dead in the evenings. The night we left St Maarten, there was a full moon and I was surprised to see no one in the hot tubs on such a great night. Those hot tubs on the back of the ship are very nice.

It all depends what you mean by private area? Epic has 75 suites and most of them are 2 bedroom. The courtyard on Epic was pretty full when I was there and felt like a hotel pool. Unlike smalller ships where only a handful of people have access, Epic has hundreds of people that have access. When I was on board, the teenage kids pretty much claimed the hot tubs and the swimming pool was used as a kiddie pool. It did not bother us since we prefered Posh anyway but just FYI it is not as private as the smaller ships.

One area that is very nice is Spic H20. It has a small pool and it was almost dead in the evenings. The night we left St Maarten, there was a full moon and I was surprised to see no one in the hot tubs on such a great night. Those hot tubs on the back of the ship are very nice.

The experience is very different from cruise to cruise. When we were on the Epic during easter last year, the hot tubs were almost always empty in the courtyard and I never saw an empty hot tub in Spice!

All im looking for is an area where dh and I wont have to fight for lounge chairs in the sun and that aren't so jammed up with people that that cant be moved one inch. I dont care if they're by the courtyard pool, or posh, or the private sundeck(and by private I mean not overrun with 1000's :) )....when we changed from the DOS on the Pearl(with its own sundeck) to the DOS on the Epic I knew we were giving up that deck but I was assured by the NCL rep that there was plenty of "quiet sun space for haven guests"

Archived