Summit Review • May 13-20

Sugar*Magnolia

Friday May 18, 2012 ✩ Day 6 ✩ Bermuda Day 3

FRIDAY ✩.CRUSH IT! & The Persian Gardens.✩

Tonight, once again we returned to the main dining room for dinner.

DSC_0165.jpg

It was good. They sat us at a table for 2, as requested. Although it was a window table, it was in a far corner of the main dining room and warm. Dinner was very good. We had no complaints. Plus, it was pretty quick, we definitely didn’t want to spend more than an hour having dinner..We dont do dessert. Oh, Hang on…..it was the second Formal night! Okay, we admit, we do enjoy getting dressed for formal night. They tried to steer us away from ordering Lobster and we were both curious to try it. We were there around 7:45- 8:00 pm. No one can sway me from anything. Once I have an idea or have made up my mind, I’m sticking with my decision. Although our waiter was very nice, we’re surmising they try to steer you away from lobster if it is before second seating, as friends who had second seating didnt have this direction from their wait staff. Let me say, I am not one to comment positively on any lobster on board, I know good lobster.

Truth is, it was surprisingly...pretty darn good!

DSC_10027.jpg

It was perfectly cooked for both of us. Since the recommendation was Chateau Briand, Mr. opted for surf and turf and ordered the recommended chateau briand and a lobster tail. Well, oddly, the Chateau Briand was not very good and the Lobster was. Take that commentary for what it is worth, if there is any explanation at all. Mr. ordered Baked Alaska…mmmm it looked good. He tasted, I think my fork crossed the table, but I guess it wasn’t that memorable. But, yes, it is still served on board Celebrity.

Formal Pictures with the Captain tonight! We totally missed this as it is held from 8:45-9pm at the Martini Bar.

DSC_10029.jpg

DSC_100212.jpg

✩ CRUSH IT ✩

DSC_1002146.jpg

DSC_1002145.jpg

DSC_1002150.jpg

DSC_1002149.jpg

DSC_1002148.jpg

Always things to do on board while others are in port! Fruit and vegetable carving demo, More spa Seminars, morning fitness class, films, scrap booking, Men vs. women Table Tennis, The Price is Right Gameshow, Line dancing on the pool deck, Planet Earth Game show and more!

Sail Away deck party….Deck 10 pool side,..Awww…Bye Bye My Love, Bermuda ♥

Don’t miss the “Newlywed, Not So Newlywed” Game show tonight at 10:30 at Revelations. We thought they were much better on RC, it was cute and great laughs so dont miss it! Presentation by the CD just needed work. but, DONT miss it.

More Fun at the Martini Bar with Igor, Jennifer and other mixologists! A fun hobby of mine is mixology.

Since they do not serve any beverages at the Gelateria, yes we paid for the gelato we had. Although we enjoyed a lot of specialty coffee, we didn't have any pastry or cookies at Cafe al Bacio, but you had to pay for them as well.

The pastries, sandwiches, and cookies at Bacio are included in the price of your cruise. There is no extra charge for them.

The pastries, sandwiches, and cookies at Bacio are included in the price of your cruise. There is no extra charge for them.

Well, live and learn, thank you. DH in the background and I just said how we never did inquire, but we thought there had to be a charge since we saw someone hand a seapass...but never leave with anything other than pastries and cookies. How odd is that!?!? Im sorry to everyone for that mis-info and thanks so much for letting me know.

Thanks for posting the cafe al Bacio menus. I swear they did not have the alcoholic coffees listed in the menu on Eclipse:confused: will definitely have a few Aspen coffees on Summit and DH will enjoy the port I'm sure:)

I appreciate the Crush menus too, first time I've seen those. I'm hoping they are included in the premuim package also.

So glad you enjoyed your dinner in Normandie. great food and service We ate there 3 times on our last Summit cruise. Next time we are doing Qsine on DHs birthday as well as Normandie, other nights in Blu.

You and Mr. CruiseDiva look like a fun couple. We will have to check out PG also.

Thanks for posting the cafe al Bacio menus. I swear they did not have the alcoholic coffees listed in the menu on Eclipse:confused: will definitely have a few Aspen coffees on Summit and DH will enjoy the port I'm sure:)

I appreciate the Crush menus too, first time I've seen those. I'm hoping they are included in the premuim package also.

So glad you enjoyed your dinner in Normandie. great food and service We ate there 3 times on our last Summit cruise. Next time we are doing Qsine on DHs birthday as well as Normandie, other nights in Blu.

You and Mr. CruiseDiva look like a fun couple. We will have to check out PG also.

It seemed like everything but the Caviar is included...All the flights we ordered were , all the other martinis were included, Grey Goose on the rocks was included...you will definitely enjoy the premium beverage pkg!

I cant say if they changed the Cafe al Bacio menu, or if it different ship to ship (?), but I will say that the specialty coffees with alcohol were.... well, lets say 'yummy'! [im still totally puzzled about the 'no' charge sandwiches and pastries at cafe al bacio that I now need another cruise on summit to figure it out, lol - I wonder if it is 'no charge' if a coffee beverage is purchased...altho there were no prices on any of the offerings. All we can surmise about that is the coffee was walked over to a separate and distant area and the person came back for the goodies to go w/ the coffee?]

QSine is soooo much fun! I really do need to go back. Wishing there was something similar to QSine around here!

Thanks for the nice comments! We're fun, maybe our cruising paths will cross on a Ship someday!

Cheers,

[im still totally puzzled about the 'no' charge sandwiches and pastries at cafe al bacio that I now need another cruise on summit to figure it out, lol - I wonder if it is 'no charge' if a coffee beverage is purchased...altho there were no prices on any of the offerings. All we can surmise about that is the coffee was walked over to a separate and distant area and the person came back for the goodies to go w/ the coffee?]

Cheers,

You definitely need another cruise to check this out. :D I promise you there is no extra charge for the goodies. I almost never purchase specialty coffees to go with them. If you're enjoying your specialty coffee in the morning, get an almond or chocolate croissant to accompany it. Or just get the croissants without the coffee for no charge.

Hi CruiseDiva,

I enjoyed your review very much. We will be sailing on the Summit to Quebec city in Sept. I am looking forward to all the changes. Can you tell me if the beds looked new?

Hope to cruise again one day with you.

Suz

You definitely need another cruise to check this out. :D I promise you there is no extra charge for the goodies. I almost never purchase specialty coffees to go with them. If you're enjoying your specialty coffee in the morning, get an almond or chocolate croissant to accompany it. Or just get the croissants without the coffee for no charge.

Hi Linda,

So true!! We do NEED another Celebrity cruise, and fast!! lol Next up is on RC...definitely booking Celebrity for 1/2014, but not sure we can wait until then!!

Stacey

thank you for your review and pics, i really appreciated all the effort you put into it.

Thanks for the nice comments! Glad you enjoyed!

Awesome review, thank you.

Thanks so much! Happy you're enjoying!

Stacey, this was a wonderful review of our cruise. Thanks for the great effort. Now it's time for you to get on that October repo cruise!

Gail

Gail!! Im dying to get on Summit in October! Never say never.. But i doubt we can make that one. :(

Hi CruiseDiva,

I enjoyed your review very much. We will be sailing on the Summit to Quebec city in Sept. I am looking forward to all the changes. Can you tell me if the beds looked new?

Hope to cruise again one day with you.

Suz

Hi Suzanne! How are you and Norman? Wonderful to see you pop in! Glad you are enjoying the review..Ive been super busy, but I still have a day to add... to call it complete!

The beds did not look new. We had to have the steward add to mattress pads (not the egg crate), just mattress pads because the beds would not stay together. After he added them though, we had no problems. They did not appear new at all..

You will enjoy the changes to Summit! She has been nicely solsticized! Check out QSINE, it is really great! Hope to cruise with you guys again too! Still that is one of our all time most memorable cruises!

Best, Stacey

Hi Suzanne! How are you and Norman? Wonderful to see you pop in! Glad you are enjoying the review..Ive been super busy, but I still have a day to add... to call it complete!

The beds did not look new. We had to have the steward add to mattress pads (not the egg crate), just mattress pads because the beds would not stay together. After he added them though, we had no problems. They did not appear new at all..

You will enjoy the changes to Summit! She has been nicely solsticized! Check out QSINE, it is really great! Hope to cruise with you guys again too! Still that is one of our all time most memorable cruises!

Best, Stacey

Stacey, that was one of our most memorable cruises also. We will be doing two cruises next year out of your area, one on the EOS and the other on NCL Breakaway, maybe you can join us, it would be great to see you again.

We share the same wedding ann. date, remember and it is coming up.

I am looking forward to seeing the changes on the Summit, we are always in the same cabin, so I will see if they have been changes. I heard that the beds are being changes over the summer, so I do hope so. We have been on the Eclipse and Equinox and we are returning to the Eclipse in Jan. We will be trying out Qisine this time on the Summit.

Looking forward to your last day of your review.

Hope to see you soon

Suz

• 1 month later...
Agreed, great review. Wish I was going tomorrow instead of next month.

Question: In Normandie for the item with wine pairings, if you have the premium package, is there an extra charge?

Diane

Hi Diane,

I do not know for sure. DH and are not wine drinkers due to sulfite allergy. My best guess is that there is no extra charge, it is part of the menu and experience and again, I would surmise there is no additional wine charges. I will ask around others I know who have also had dinner at Normandie, but enjoyed the wine pairing menu. ~Stacey

Thanks or the review and photos! I believe I saw a picture of the goat cheese souffle at the normandie! Yum. If I dreamed of food at night I think I'd dream of that and the cheese cart! Or maybe the choc souffle or the steak Dianne. Hmmmm can't wait to get back on celebrity!

Do they have any "organic " wines on board for those with the "sulfate allergies? I have done a bit better with those.......

My DH is allergic to sulfites in wine, but to be honest I really do not know if they serve organic wines on board Summit...We dont drink wine! If I find out anything else I will come back and let you know! Sorry!! Wish I had a better answer for you.

Thanks or the review and photos! I believe I saw a picture of the goat cheese souffle at the normandie! Yum. If I dreamed of food at night I think I'd dream of that and the cheese cart! Or maybe the choc souffle or the steak Dianne. Hmmmm can't wait to get back on celebrity!

I cant wait to get back on Summit!

:D

*I should think about finishing this review!

Archived