Radiance 5/25 Alaska NB

I intend on putting together a review, but in the mean time, I have uploaded the cruise compasses for your viewing enjoyment!

The short end of the review is that we had a tremendous time in Alaska...Radiance is a beautiful ship...the food was a major disappointment (with a couple exceptions)...service had its ups and downs...We would recommend with reservations.

More to come!

day1.pdf

day2.pdf

day3.pdf

day4.pdf

day5.pdf

day6.pdf

day7.pdf

I intend on putting together a review, but in the mean time, I have uploaded the cruise compasses for your viewing enjoyment!

The short end of the review is that we had a tremendous time in Alaska...Radiance is a beautiful ship...the food was a major disappointment (with a couple exceptions)...service had its ups and downs...We would recommend with reservations.

More to come!

Did it rain the whole time? Looked liek the weather reports in the compass said rain everyday

Did it rain the whole time? Looked liek the weather reports in the compass said rain everyday

Kinda, it was mostly overcast and sometimes it rained, but with exception of one day, the rain never lasted for a long time. At the same time, the sun would occasionally pop out for a while. Sometimes it would rain with the sun out.

I imagine that since most of SE Alaska is a rainforest, forecasting rain is a no brainer :)

We were on the same sailing!

It was so much fun.. We've only cruised Carnival before .. and always out of Galveston in the Carib.. So we really don't know if the "difference" was the itin or the cruise line .. but in our opinion RCI beats Carnival hands down. (well except maybe in the dining room food... laugh.. the food on the Radiance wasn't BAD .. but maybe just a step down (IMHO)) I did like the buffet much better on the Radiance though.. just seemed like more variety than on Carnival.

While it did seem to rain - it did not hamper the views or the cruise in anyway for us..

Archived