What deck is best to book on Oasis?

I am going to book our cruise on the Oasis (Western Caribbean) for Feb 2013. We want an outside balcony room. What deck do you recommend?

We had a D8 on Deck 8 and really enjoyed it. Fairly close to the elevators, easy to get to Central Park, kind of in the middle of everything, so not a long walk to anything

I have been on 6, 7, and 8 - 8 is great because its the same deck as central park. deck 6 was good for my kids and the boardwalk but my favorite was 7, one step up to central park and one step down the boardwalk (and a quick jump to deck 5). We also have the side of the ship, no sure aft or forward but it was the food side...

Best to consider where you'll spend most of your time...some love the Boardwalk so prefer to be aft near 6 or 7. If you like easy access to shopping and cafes in the Promenade a deck 5 cabin works. People who love the park cafe swear by deck 8 (that's our choice) and its centrally located vertically if you like to walk the stairs as we do. If you know you'll spend most of your time on the sports decks, pools and solarium , then you might prefer 12 or 14 to be close to those venues vertically.

Horizontal positioning, we did find more was happening aft, ( boardwalk, aqua theatre, sports deck, pools ) so being central or further aft is better, unless you plan to spend most of your time in the Solarium and workout room and spa in which case further forward is better.

Cast my vote for Deck 8. Proximity to Central Park is the main reason. But as someone else suggested choose a deck where you think you will be closest to areas that you will frequent a lot.

Deck 8 - I am in agreement with everyone as well. I was just on OASIS last month and we were right near the back elevators. It was perfect and my daughter got to run around pretty freely and I didn't have to worry about her too much (she is 2 years old).

Yet another +1 for deck 8.

Loved the cafe so much, we never did the windjammer. Not to mention the wine/tapas bar there, too. oh, and the specialty restaurants. oh, and it's outside. And the idea of taking a floating bar up to your deck is just cool.

We loved our Deck 8 Jr. Suite. Booked after reading on CC, how much others loved it.

Spent each morning at The Park Cafe for breakfast.

Loved not having to go up to the buffet.

There is so much happening on the lower decks on this ship, that the higher decks are not necessarily the best locations.

Try Deck 8, you will be happy..... :)

i booked our cruise june 2011, and picked the 8th deck thinking "oh, its right where i want to be - in the middle of everything" - then recently i saw there were no rooms left in my class on the 8th deck 2-3 months ago. i couldnt believe it! so i asked here and i learned, 8 is very popular for this class for that very reason. glad i accidentally picked right! room 8686 :)

We were deck 7 on our Oasis cruise, but we were center ship. While we loved our "hump" cabin, I wouldn't try to get one of these again on the Oasis class. We felt we were forever walking down long hallways (obviously, she's huge!) I would prefer either more forward or more aft on decks 6-8 as others have said. We like being near stairs-forces exercise! That way even if we want to go to the aft/forward, we can walk through other areas like the Promenade or Central Park, rather then a hallway. That being said, I would take any cabin just to cruise on her again!!!

We booked with a group on the Allure, so I don't know my cabin yet, but we requested further aft on decks 6 or 8 if it's an option. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong...) that deck 7 aft does not connect port to starboard due to the Boardwalk sign. Not a huge deal, but my husband and I have gotten lost (both together and separately) on our way back to our cabins late in the evening.....I blame the delicious cocktails!! ;) I figure we don't need to add another obstacle!!!! :D

Wow, did I get lucky, I booked about 678 days out, and booked 8676 my first balcony~! Without knowing it, I booked in the "right" area, as if theres a wrong place to be on that ship..lol

Can't wait!

We are on the same 9/22 Oasis cruise as you are....also have an ocean balcony on Deck 8..can't wait! :)

Archived