Rainy weather...

cawagner

No cant say we have. Lost a day in St Thomas a few years ago and last year we were in Bermuda and a tropical storm came thru but never more than one day.

When it rains in the Caribbean usualy for little while and sun comes right back out.

I took a cruise that it rained 5 out of the 7 days. As already mentioned, it usually doesn't last long. We were in the DR one day and it rained all day but we made the best of it and had a great time anyways. As always, a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work. ;)

One time out of MANY...7 night cruise and rained for 5 of them...it didn't feel like a cruise being stuck inside all of the time. We tried to just get off the ship and make the best of it but it just wasn't the same.

This is not the normal that is for sure, but we have also been to an all inclusive for a week once that rained EVERY day...by the 4th day we just did everything in the rain as we were so tired of being stuck outside...funny how enough drinks and you don't even care that you are lying by the pool in the rain...gonna get wet anyway.

I will say that IF it does rain on your cruise, PLEASE be careful on the outside decks and stairs, they can get slick.

I am from northern California, where it seldom rains in the summer, though the mountains do occasionally get a thunder storm now and then. I will be heading to Florida next month, and going on a cruise. I share the same concerns about our upcoming cruise; we went to Alaska a few years ago, and it rained non-stop on the cruise and in port EVERY day! We left sunshine for 10 days of rain and cold in early June - and it was NOT a good thing. I couldn't wait to get home!

On the cruise to Alaska (on Princess) they did schedule many interesting indoor activities related to natural history, but I was so sick of being cooped up inside or always wet and cold outside, that I couldn't wait for the cruise to be over. Since we are divers and plan to go diving when we are in port, rain won't be as big a deal. And my guess is, rain in the Caribbean won't be constant like it was in Alaska - and not as COLD! But I am keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't rain non-stop while there. That would NOT be good.

Suzi

It rained a portion of all the days on our Jan. Western Caribbean cruise except the day we left and the next sea day. Looking back at that vacation I hardly remember the rain at all it was so sporadic. The only day it came close to ruining was our tour in Roatan and we bought ponchos as we left the ship so were nice and dry. Don't worry, be happy :)

Back in Jan 2011 I went on a 4 night out of Tampa and it was the most dreary rainy cruise ever and it was cold to but we made the best of it and the solarium the day we in port was my favorite place warm, dry from rain and the pool was perfect. All the other cruises I have been on no rain during the day and never lasted long.

It just got me thinking since its our first balcony and if its raining, how can you enjoy it?

The balcony does have a ceiling/roof, so unless it's a blowing rain you can still use it. Would probably not be so bad. Maybe have a drink or coffee. As others have said 'usually' the rain doesn't last long.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy your cruise and your balcony. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cawagner viewpost.gif

It just got me thinking since its our first balcony and if its raining, how can you enjoy it?

The balcony does have a ceiling/roof, so unless it's a blowing rain you can still use it. Would probably not be so bad. Maybe have a drink or coffee. As others have said 'usually' the rain doesn't last long.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy your cruise and your balcony. :)

cawagner...you could also try "La Natural" that way your clothing stays dry.

Has anyone been on a cruise where it's rained the majority of the time? Yeah, I know I worry too much but with only 2 more days to go, I have to worry about something :p

Cheryl - check out weather.com, they have international weather for up to 10 days available. I have keeping my eye on The Bahamas for a week now :)

We will bring umbrellas just in case, I hate buying ponchos if I dont need them, do they sell them on the ship? and if so how much of my arm and a leg is it gonna cost me LOL

Get cheap ponchos at your local discount store. We always keep ponchos in our luggage---much lighter and easier than lugging an unbrella:)

Our very first cruise it didn't rain, but it was cloudy all the time....no tan to show for the cruise! Very frustrating!

We've encountered showers on all of the cruises, but so far, none have lasted more than 40 mins. or so.

Have had it rain at least once on every cruise that I have been on. However they were short lived an in the evening, although one night it stormed for a good couple of hours, kind of exciting though.

We will bring umbrellas just in case, I hate buying ponchos if I dont need them, do they sell them on the ship? and if so how much of my arm and a leg is it gonna cost me LOL

On NCL ours were $3.00 as we were leaving the ship for the tour in Roatan. It was definitely worth it plus we had them in case we needed them again.

Hey Cheryl,

Please don't say the "R" word! You might jinx our cruise! :eek: Let's think happy, sunny thoughts. :) It wouldn't hurt to stick a poncho or two in the luggage just in case, though. :D

Thanks for reminding me. Guess I need to hunt around for ours.

See ya Saturday.

I took a cruise that it rained 5 out of the 7 days. As already mentioned, it usually doesn't last long. We were in the DR one day and it rained all day but we made the best of it and had a great time anyways. As always, a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work. ;)

A good day at my work is always better than a bad day on a cruise.

Hey Cheryl,

Please don't say the "R" word! You might jinx our cruise! :eek: Let's think happy, sunny thoughts. :) It wouldn't hurt to stick a poncho or two in the luggage just in case, though. :D

Thanks for reminding me. Guess I need to hunt around for ours.

See ya Saturday.

I'm trying not to jinx us :p just one more thing for me to stress about, cant wait until Saturday and I can just go, aaahhhhhh! Can't you tell I'm in desperate need of a vacation? LOL

On NCL ours were $3.00 as we were leaving the ship for the tour in Roatan. It was definitely worth it plus we had them in case we needed them again.

I bought those little tiny ponchos folded in a little pouch at Dollar Tree. We've had them about 5 yrs. Used them once.

They take up no room and were/are a great little buy for $1.00. We leave them in the suitcase.

Has anyone been on a cruise where it's rained the majority of the time? Yeah, I know I worry too much but with only 2 more days to go, I have to worry about something :p

We just sailed for the 6th time about 2 weeks ago and it was the most rain we have seen while on a cruise. It rained in both ports and one of our sea days was overcast with rain on and off. But guess what? We still had a BLAST!!!:D

Archived