Can anyone book an inaugural

I've read a little about project sunshine and would love to book an inaugural sailing. Can anyone book this and how do i get it started?

This may be a stupid question but i'm kind of new to RCI thanks in advance

If it's open for booking, yes you can. Most of the time when a new class of ship is coming out, they will have an inaugural with guests for a couple of days, but the real one with paying passengers is actually the real inaugural.

I would never recommend doing an inaugural anything.

It will most likely be a disorganized, cluster, mess, from staff to services, to food & beverages.

That is the times that they figure out all the kinks and try to come up with solutions to fix them.

I wouldn't even go on a ship right after dry-dock.

Avoid it for at least 3 months.

It depends on what you´re talking about! There are pre inaugural cruises prior to the christening which are invitation only (media, TAs, C&A members on a high level). Those are between one and three nights and cruises to nowwhere (meaning you don´t have a port stop). That´s what they´ve done for the Oasis and Allure.

Then after the christening there are usually 2 cruises which are called "inaugural" cruises and which can be booked. Those are regular cruises with port stops.

steamboats

I have booked two inaugurals 7 day sailings once on Freedom of the Seas and once on Oasis of the Seas and they were definitely not a mess or disorganized at all. Enjoyed both of them and would not hesitate to book again.

I did not find the pricing that much higher. Will be watching for the Project Sunshine info at the end of this year.

For both Oasis and Allure, I believe, the first "pay" cruises wer 4-day itineraries to Labadee and they were priced quite high (I'm remember $650 or so for the cheapest inside ... though I may be wrong).

DH and I were on Allure's inaugural, billed as a Labadee Extravaganza. It was a 5 day cruise, and we felt worthwhile. The crew tried very hard to cram in all the shows fr a 7 day into the itinerary, and did a super job, I thought. They served steak and lobster at the Labadee cook out, which was a bit different.

We also got some freebies, beach towels and champers , I think, and lots and lots of big smiles. The only sign of the "newness" was our somewhat frazzled MDR wait staff. She was really nice, and visibly upset that the service wasn't up to her personal standard, but it was definitely not what we were used to. There was no bar waiter and she had to do everything.

Other than that it was a wonderful time.

I am also looking forward to the Sunshine class, to see what innovations RCCL will come up with this time. There have certainly been some very interesting suggestions here on CC. But I think it will be a long wait, as I don't think the first ship has been started yet. :)

I was on the inaugural Ruby Princess and it was one smooth sailing with no problems at all. Don't know behind the scenes..

Sorry and apologizing in advance because this is totally off-topic but your name, Topo Gigio, takes me back to my childhood and the Ed Sullivan Show in the 1960s. Loved little Topo! :D:D

The itineraries haven't been released yet. Yes anyone can book the inaugural, but they historically have been super duper expensive.

Have to disagree, we were on the Liberty OTS inaugural for my DS graduation gift. I had to reserve the same E-1 cabin on both the Liberty and the Freedom for the following week (same itinerary) because when bookings opened for the Liberty, his graduation date had not been set. I knew 1 of those 2 weeks would work and the cabin on the Liberty for 4 people was $1,000.00 cheaper than the exact same cabin on the Freedom. The only problem, which was minor, was the wait staff had not been working together very long and they didn't work as a well oiled machine like previous cruises.

Gregg

Archived