Room key without credit/debit/cash

graceb59

We are traveling with our adult daughter. She does not have a credit card and does not want to come up with a cash deposit of 100/day. If she prepays her DSC can she get her room key without being connected to a credit card?

We are traveling with our adult daughter. She does not have a credit card and does not want to come up with a cash deposit of 100/day. If she prepays her DSC can she get her room key without being connected to a credit card?

Doubtful, but from all that I've read on here the $100 per day is a guideline, she could probably just put $100 down as they won't let her go over that amount.

You can guarantee her charges with your credit card. if she does charge something it will show on your bill under her name and then she can pay you back.

I forgot to ask- is she traveling in the same cabin with you? If so, put your card down at boarding and then go to the purser's desk to remover her charging privileges. Her DSC will show up on your invoice anyway. This is the method I used with my kids.

If her service charges are pre-paid and has no shore ex booked she can board the ship without her account turned on. Best would be to attach her card to your account. You can even have it so she can't charge. Both options would work.

James

Archived