Explorer to Bermuda question

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can answer my question since I've had no luck finding anything using search. Are the Bermuda multi-day transportation passes sold onboard the Explorer? I've read that they are on the Enchantment.

This would obviously save so much time when we dock. Thanks.

AFAIK, it's cash only at the little stand just outside the pier on King's Wharf. The mightly U.S. bills cheerfully accepted - just figure out whether you want the 2 day or 3 day pass and collect from your group ahead of time.

Here's a link to BDA transportation, including bus & ferry and info on the cost of the pass - http://bermuda-online.org/getround.htm

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with this?

They are financed by local taxpayers, not tourists, and it is upsetting to locals when there are so many tourists on a particular bus that there is no room for locals. Some local senior citizens in particular - who depend on the buses - believe it is not safe or possible to use certain bus routes at all during the day - such as the 7, 10, 11 - when cruise ships are in. Or when tourists use the only Express Bus - in the morning and evening on working weekdays - intended specifically for local commuters. It has been recommended that these buses carry "commuter bus" signs. Both local agents of cruise ship lines and the cruise ships themselves should accept, read, digest and pass on to their passengers the information from the Public Transportation Department of the Bermuda Government. Presently, some cruise passengers make a point of taking Express - commuter buses . Try to avoid the bus terminal in Hamilton from 3:30 to 5:45 pm when commuters are going home and expect to get priority on any express buses. http://bermuda-online.org/getround.htm
Perhaps they want to help limit passengers, and push their own excursions?

Archived