Best place to stay in Fort Lauderdale ?

TheMastodon

Moderately priced on the beach is usually Bahia Mar. The Sheraton can sometimes be offered on the discount sites too. Those are the two "reasonably " priced beach hotels. What date/s are you looking at?

None of the hotels offering free shuttles will be in town or the beach. Those offering airport transportation would be the ones closer to the airport. But remember cabs are under $20 to and from most places. And if a hotel offers paid shuttle service to the port, you'll pay more than a cab if more than two of your ride.

Hollywood will indeed cost more for cabs.

thanks so much...i was figuring the sheraton yankee trader or clipper would probably be the best choices. We are staying over feb 10th our cruise leaves the 11th...right now we have 6 people total.

The Sheraton Yankee Trader changed to the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach a few years ago, and the Sheraton Yankee Clipper changed to the Westin Beach Resort a few years ago. Also look at the Best Western Oceanside for low rates. It is very close to the Sheraton so it is very close to the port. The beach hotels don't have shuttles.

What about the Hilton Beach resort? Do you guys recommend this hotel? It looks beautiful with many ocean view or intercostal views. Not sure if you can see the port from here though.:confused:

We just stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort on May 26 with Hilton points. We were very pleased with our clean ocean view accommodations. We would definitely stay again. ;)

You cannot see the port from here but that didn't matter to us.

thanks and there are some great reviews of the napoli belmar, the shell, the seville and a few other little mom n pop places near the beach on tripadvisor. thanks again so much

Mariapd, If you are looking for a small hotel, check out Alhambra Beach Resort. It's in a great location and gets awesome reviews. Prices are very good.

Yesterday I made 2 separate reservations for our pre-cruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Since we're sailing on the Monday after Thanksgiving, I didn't want to wait too long to make a reservation. If prices drop as we get closer, I can always make changes!:)

We will not have a car, and I would like to be close to the port, a couple restaurants, and Total Wine.:D The other consideration is some kind of outdoor space -- either balcony or patio, since I get up much earlier than my husband. It's nice to have a place to go and establish an intimate relationship with my coffee without waking up my DH!

The first reservation is at the Hilton Marina...it's a Tower room, and I requested a view of the port. The second reservation is at the Hyatt Pier 66. That one is a Marina room, because there weren't any Tower rooms available with a AAA rate. The Hilton is about $25 more per night than the Hyatt, but if I selected a different type of room (non-tower) the prices would be about the same. Do any of you have comments on these two hotels/different types of rooms/locations? What are the possibilities for watching ships if I can't see them from my balcony or patio?

I did look at a couple things on the beach. There's less availability and all (even Bahia Mar) are quite a bit more expensive than the two I booked. Thanks!

Yesterday I made 2 separate reservations for our pre-cruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale.

The other consideration is some kind of outdoor space -- either balcony or patio, since I get up much earlier than my husband. It's nice to have a place to go and establish an intimate relationship with my coffee without waking up my DH!

The first reservation is at the Hilton Marina...it's a Tower room, and I requested a view of the port. The second reservation is at the Hyatt Pier 66. That one is a Marina room, because there weren't any Tower rooms available with a AAA rate. The Hilton is about $25 more per night than the Hyatt, but if I selected a different type of room (non-tower) the prices would be about the same. Do any of you have comments on these two hotels/different types of rooms/locations? What are the possibilities for watching ships if I can't see them from my balcony or patio?

I did look at a couple things on the beach. There's less availability and all (even Bahia Mar) are quite a bit more expensive than the two I booked. Thanks!

If you get a marina side balcony at Hilton, you won't have any problems seeing the ship come in (all lit up really early in the morning). At check-in, ask for a room as high up as possible. We had a top floor, corner room, with a balcony that wrapped around, so we had beautiful views of the ship and surrounding area.

IMG_0592.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

Pool area:

IMG_3992.jpg

Pool bar

IMG_3999.jpg

CIMG1380.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

If you get a marina side balcony at Hilton, you won't have any problems seeing the ship come in (all lit up really early in the morning). At check-in, ask for a room as high up as possible. We had a top floor, corner room, with a balcony that wrapped around, so we had beautiful views of the ship and surrounding area.

IMG_0592.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

Pool area:

IMG_3992.jpg

Pool bar

IMG_3999.jpg

CIMG1380.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

Your pictures are lovely! I hope we get as lucky as you did!

Yesterday I made 2 separate reservations for our pre-cruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Since we're sailing on the Monday after Thanksgiving, I didn't want to wait too long to make a reservation. If prices drop as we get closer, I can always make changes!:)

We will not have a car, and I would like to be close to the port, a couple restaurants, and Total Wine.:D The other consideration is some kind of outdoor space -- either balcony or patio, since I get up much earlier than my husband. It's nice to have a place to go and establish an intimate relationship with my coffee without waking up my DH!

Bahia Mar is now a Doubletree so if you have a Hilton HHonors number check prices on hiltonfamilymvp.com

The Sheraton Yankee Trader changed to the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach a few years ago, and the Sheraton Yankee Clipper changed to the Westin Beach Resort a few years ago. Also look at the Best Western Oceanside for low rates. It is very close to the Sheraton so it is very close to the port. The beach hotels don't have shuttles.

The Sheraton Yankee Trader is now the Westin Beach Resort. The Sheraton Yankee Clipper is now the Sheraton Beach Hotel.

Mariapd, If you are looking for a small hotel, check out Alhambra Beach Resort. It's in a great location and gets awesome reviews. Prices are very good.

That's an intriguing looking place to stay...I sent an inquiry this morning, but I'm not sure they will have any availability since one of my nights is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I still thought it was worth a shot. Their prices are awesome!:)

That's an intriguing looking place to stay...I sent an inquiry this morning, but I'm not sure they will have any availability since one of my nights is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I still thought it was worth a shot. Their prices are awesome!:)

As expected, I wasn't able to get a room unless I wanted to move after the first night. Since we're only staying 2 nights I decided it was too much bother, but I will definitely look into Alhambra for future trips.

We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel close to the Port, maybe 10 minutes they also have a shuttle to the port. It was a very nice room, big and clean. The Hotel Staff was very nice and helpful.

Not to doubt your word, but we were told they did not have a shuttle to the port?

• 3 weeks later...
Which is the nicer hotel in Dania Beach, Hyatt Place or Hyatt House both are on southwest 18th avenue?

From what I am understanding....Dania Beach (18th St) is not the same as 18th Street near the port.

I just booked the Hyatt Place at 17th Street, Ft. Lauderdale for $169 at Priceline.com

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.......

We are staying there in early August two nights pre-cruise. We stayed in the Miami Homewood Suites last November and it was fantastic. It is my understanding that at their FLL location there are not a lot of places you can walk to like there is for Embassy Suites. FLL Homewood Suites does however have free shuttle service to and from the airport as well as to and from about a dozen local restaurants/malls. As you probably know they also have breakfast daily and dinner M-Th with unlimited wine and beer. It's suppose to be a $15 taxi ride to the port. Hopefully some other posters will have some input both of us can benefit from.

From what I am understanding....Dania Beach (18th St) is not the same as 18th Street near the port.

I just booked the Hyatt Place at 17th Street, Ft. Lauderdale for $169 at Priceline.com

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.......

If you booked the HP north on SE 12th Avenue, then yes, you are staying near SE 17th St by the port.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the Alhambra Beach Resort looks great but is there a super shuttle to bring you from the airport to this location.

Archived