A little help here Fashionistas.. please?

So, I found this pretty doublelayer sheer floaty dress, and it fits to a tee. It is a boatneck. The problem is I'm a 60 something larger (on top) lady and I need upper arm coverage. do you think I can get away with a black bolero? With 3/4 sleeves, in a lightweight almost sheer fabric? Or a white knit type one? A longer type with longer sleeves? I am cruising in September also.. (sigh) I do have giant TaTa's so don't want to bring any more attention to them than giant TaTa's get normally. I also have football shoulders, but I am pretty slim everywhere else. Since I'm tall, the dress hits right at my knee. Also, will flat strappy sandals work? Or a tiny 1 1/2 inch heel be better? DH is shorter than I and I'd like to keep him. lol

Yes, Spanks are in my future, but sleeves? Will the floaty sliplike layer stick to Spanks? lord, another problem.

I will never look 20 something, but want to look decent.. lol and age appropriate, please.

437504810_newdress001.jpg.a806858dcdea0a08f56d7cecca1d0aff.jpg

If the dress fits, don't worry about spanx.....it's a girdle and hot! You could go either white or black for a bolero top...up to you...or red...blue...whatever you want! Metallics are neutral, too and could match a shoe! Yes.. a strappy heel would be stunning. Don't be afraid to be a tad taller than your man...other men will be drooling! Hubby will be proud!

You will look MORE than decent...even without sleeves! No worries at all...do what you feel is best!

I think the dress would be lovely with either color jacket. You could always take both with you and wear whichever you feel best in on that day. I also think white sandals would be fine.

I'm also quite busty so I understand how you feel about hiding the girls. ;) It just so happens that I am big everywhere so it kind of cancels out the ladies if you know what I mean.

I think you will look beautiful in whatever you wear as long as you are having fun and wearing your best vacation no responsibilities smile...:D

Instead of relying on the advice of well meaning women who can't see you in the dress....take the dress shopping with you and try some on!

I have a couple bolero style sweaters, white and black, they look fine with some dresses, some not. You will not know how it will look on your body until you try it on.

My black sweater looks fine with an A line dress, not so much a fuller cut dress, the weight of the sweater and the loose fabric makes it look like I have a huge butt. My white sweater looks fine with a couple knit tops and slacks, it looks terrible with any of my dresses.

I think your dress is cute and I have to agree cb at sea (one of the rare times I agree with her) about color...don't limit yourself to black or white. I completely disagree with her (and always do, whether I write it here or not) about the Spanx. Not everyone has the best body and even some with great shapes still have some wobbly bits. Spanx make a big difference in some of my evening clothes, I wouldn't bother with them on a hot day.

Really pretty dress bye the way..

I have to agree with KS...sometimes you just have to try the dress with a bolero or shrug to know if it "works".

I have a similar style dress, but mine is reversible black with small white dots on one side and a splashy floral on the other. I have a black shrug but it kind of gets lost with the dress but i could wear it if I needed.

I found a pretty bright pink that looks dynamite with the floral side that I am going to wear with a lime-y green necklace.

For the dotted side I am trying to go more coral-persimmon with accessories and am in the process of crocheting a shrug to work with it. I will have to see if the shrug looks good enough to wear when I am done! LOL

I can't tell with the small picture but if the design is white, grey or neutral then a pop of a fun color would work or silver too.

I am with you when it comes to sleeves...I just don't do sleeveless:D

Archived