price drops

They can happen at any time or not at all~ depends on how well the cruise is selling~ on my last cruise I got $600+ in OBC for rate reductions~just make sure that you are booked Early Saver as that is the only rate that gets a reduction after final payment!

I can't remember if we booked early saver.

Pardon my ignorance but this is my first cruise.

Where would I find that info?

Thanks

Either call Carnival and ask them or look at your email confirmation. At the bottom, if you booked Early Saver, it will say this:

GUEST NOTES

1) Terms & Conditions: Deposit is non-refundable & non-transferable. No name changes are allowed, there is a $50 service fee per guest for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Price Protection: In the event you find a lower,valid rate, based on the total cabin occupancy, contact your Travel Agent or go to http://www.Carnival.com to receive the difference in rate as a non-refundable on board credit to be used on your vacation. Lower rate must be: for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests, a Carnival advertised rate, available for booking at the time the request is submitted, and a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply.

If it doesn't say anything about being non-refundable/transferable and no name changes then you did NOT book ES~.

They never show all the cabins they have available to the public~ travel agents sometimes buy blocks of cabins and if they can't sell them all they release them back to carnival~ cabins come and go all the time, just keep an eye on them!

My gang booked in early February for a 5 day October out of New

Orleans. Within days of booking the price increased $20. Since then, it's remained steady. In 8 cruises that I have known to watch for price decreases, this is the first time I have not noticed even ONE decrease in this amount of time!

Still watchin' and hopin' though :D

FInal payment in another 2 weeks.

There are only 14 balconies left on the ship.

What are the chances they will have any left to cut deals on?

Hello ... I think you are currently booked in an inside and are just hoping to upgrade at some point if the price is right?

If yes, it doesn't matter what rate you are booked at, if you see a balcony open at a price you want to pay, just contact your TA and you'll pay the difference. As others suggest, keep watching daily after final payment, since cabin supply changes all the time and you never know when there will be a deal/sale.

However, until final payment (assuming you are not booked ES), keep watching the price of your inside category. If that goes down you can ask your TA to adjust the price.

If you are ES, and the price goes down until 2 days before sailing you can get the reduction. Lots of threads on how to do that if that's the case.

Good luck! Hope you eventually get a balcony :)

Its 85 days out- people who booked guarantees are not even set yet.

Agents are still holding group bookings. what you see online is not all that is left.

a few weeks before sailing they will put remaining cabins as pack and go rates.

By reading these boards it looks like almost all sailing get a price reduction. (which is not the case at all) members here represent less then 1% of the sailing public.

in 16 cruises only 2 ever came down in price.

how much higher is your cabin compared to when you booked it?

Well, I first bought and received a $100 OBC. Then the memorial day sale happened and I opted out of taking the upgrade to 4H but still got another $100 OBC.

I booked at $1129.48 and it is now $1179.48 which is an increase of $50.

Balconies have gone up $60 since I have been tracking them.

Will continue to watch, but unless they offer a good deal will stick with my empress inside midship cabin.

Archived