Latest from JH - Announcement will be SOON...

JWGrayson

Though the H82 joke is getting a little old. Being used almost everyday now.

See, H82SEAUTOGO is a character that has been added to his act. Just like Dick & Anita Little, Mary & Dastardly in the bedtime story, etc.

I personally find it hilarious to see the illustrations that H82 posts here after John makes a joke about his "character". Great entertainment.

This was just posted on FB by JH:

On Monday Carnival will release its long awaited loyalty program. I know that there will be many questions about this and I know that many of those questions will be directed here on this Facebook page. So I have read all your comments these past few weeks since the information was leaked and while I could not reply to those questions I have been listening. What I have done is to collate the most... popular questions and sent them a few days ago to the Vice President who is at the forefront of the new loyalty program. He has kindly agreed to answer them and I hope to post this Q and A sometime tomorrow here on Facebook as a prelude to the release of the program. It may be Sunday but I am pushing for tomorrow.

Cheers

Maybe Gold and up will get grandfathered into double platinum with sworn secrecy. If we break vow of secrecy, we get demoted to blue for 10 cruises. :D :eek:

Here is a PDF version of a portion of the original thread that got nixed (the original poster put them in a thread which was against the copyright rules posted on the sticky). Not the full 3 years, but 12 pages worth.

I just read the first three pages of the pdf and 3 times he mentioned that milestone would be the highest level.

Let's see if this happens come Monday.

Think I will make a copy of this pdf before it goes away again.

Prepare now for the CC crew to make it his fault and use their many screen names and triple identities to attack him

I used to be a CCl cheerleader but even as a diamond i will leave my signature used to bash RC but look for your self

I just read the first three pages of the pdf and 3 times he mentioned that milestone would be the highest level.

Somebody seems to have put both feet in his mouth.

Here is a PDF version of a portion of the original thread that got nixed (the original poster put them in a thread which was against the copyright rules posted on the sticky). Not the full 3 years, but 12 pages worth.

You know, this is pretty damning. I think Carnival really stuck its foot in its mouth with this one.

Once again, the problem is all about being mislead by John, which is really Carnival telling him what to post and them often posting for him. I still don't understand what people mean by we are looking for "entitlements". Its just not the case. But, if you don't think after you spend $20,000+ filling the pockets of already insanely rich people like Gerry Cahill, and all we want is a few perks as a token of gratitude for making them more insanely rich then you are the one with the real problem. Yes I am still sailing with Carnival, am I mad about what the program is or is gonna become Monday...no. But am I a little irritated by John misleading all information about this program that really wont change much, for two years. How can you not be? Entitlements are looking for something for nothing, we have give more than our fair share to become Platinum. Its crazy how self-righteous people have become. If you don't like the thread, move on.

Move on? Cant wait to see how the new program is spun as so brilliant for us all. Along the lines of we really want to wear more outfits on the cruise so they are doing us a favor by allowing less laundry.

Or they think we are collectively getting fat so they will help out by not encouraging us to drink so much at the farewell party.

It will be interesting on how John will explain how the new loyalty program is less than what he posted on his blog.

People seem entitled to things. My perk is that I get to be on a ship for a week. I don't care if I get free laundry or a gift in the room. I cruise for the ship and itinerary. So John I apologize in advance for the amount of stupid getting ready to come your way.

Where's that "Like" button? LOL Well said Benji.:) My perk is also just being on a beautiful ship for a week with everything to do and all the nice staff taking care of me.

Yes Stu. Monday should be interesting. Oh no wait - tomorrow with Johns Q & A. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight.

You may have stopped bashing Heald but many haven't. Aren't the bashers just as creepy as the adorers?

Why the venom? If he is just a shill for the corporation, why do so many get so angry at him.

After all, according the bashers, he is just a stooge and stooges have no power.

I don't get angry at the Quaker man when my porridge is lumpy.:D

That's pretty much the conclusion I come to, I kinda got weird and out of character myself. I am certain John is just a "shill" as you call it. I would certainly hope they compensate him very well. But the porridge is lumpy because of how I cook it. Carnival's loyalty program is messed up because they sensationalized it by way of Heald, and they didn't really do a darn thing to it and John is gonna take the wrath. Its weird how many people tell John, I don't know how you have time to do all that you do. Simple...he don't. Not enough hours in a CD's day to do it all.

Where's that "Like" button? LOL Well said Benji.:) My perk is also just being on a beautiful ship for a week with everything to do and all the nice staff taking care of me.

I think a lot of you are missing the point. It's not so much about the perks, but the fact that thru John, Carnival has hyped the new brilliant loyalty program for over 3 years. Now the leaked version tells us that those of us that are platinum now are actually going to lose perks!:eek: So, they in reality going to take a away incentives.

Pat

See, H82SEAUTOGO is a character that has been added to his act. Just like Dick & Anita Little, Mary & Dastardly in the bedtime story, etc.

I personally find it hilarious to see the illustrations that H82 posts here after John makes a joke about his "character". Great entertainment.

It used to be Willy Banger and his wife Anita Banger. But the guy that played that role passed away. He was a cool dude too, he was always on these boards. I was fortunate enough to see this skit and how much fun him and John had with it. RIP Willy

Insert really folks get a life....free laundry, not really VIP boarding, spare me...omg I am never cruising them again I will pay 200 extra for another cruise line! That's some expensive washing wished I. Cared to use it! I cruise to cruise....but free drinks are nice :) not the watered down group sales pitch ones.

Bottom line what's it cost ya 25 bucks?

Now get away from the keyboard!

Insert really folks get a life....free laundry, not really VIP boarding, spare me...omg I am never cruising them again I will pay 200 extra for another cruise line! That's some expensive washing wished I. Cared to use it! I cruise to cruise....but free drinks are nice :) not the watered down group sales pitch ones.

It's not about the money, at least for me it isn't. It's a loyalty program-taking perks away that were already granted is not a very good loyalty program to me.

Pat

I'm not sure if I should be happy or insulted that he has stopped mentioning me (as CamelStowe).:p

Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. Love the "it's the principle of the thing" crap.

I agree. All I'd like is a discount when I show loyalty to a company. I'm sure Goodwill shoppers really fought over my RCCL cap and tote bag.. :p

LOL, I know--they could probably save a ton doing away with the stupid gifts. A decent discount for being a repeat cruiser and priority embarkation are the things for me.

It's a loyalty program that pays nothing duh......until 25! No free cruises a lap dance, just a bunch of useless perks.

You want a free pin and a keychain??? Can I paint your cards for you platinum since nobody on the boat cares anyway.

I get far better perks at the grocery store.

LOL, I know--they could probably save a ton doing away with the stupid gifts. A decent discount for being a repeat cruiser and priority embarkation are the things for me.

That's what Princess does. Once you cruise with them one time, you get a nice discount on subsequent cruises.

Keep reading - lots interesting little tidbits

Wish I had saved the whole thing or that the OP of the JH quotes would repost.

When does your carefully negotiated cease fire end?

It's not about the money, at least for me it isn't. It's a loyalty program-taking perks away that were already granted is not a very good loyalty program to me.

Pat

I agree with you. CCL has thousands of past guests, but a very small percentage have cruised with them over 25 times. In some ports, seven day cruises are not available and in others, such as New Orleans, there were no seven day cruises for several years after Hurricane Katrina.

To announce a program and not acknowledge those who are among the most loyal (over 25 cruises) as being part of their highest loyalty tier is unfortunate. As it appears to be outlined in the new program, I would have to sail another nine seven day cruises in order to reach the diamond level. That's after the cruise I complete next week.

People seem entitled to things. My perk is that I get to be on a ship for a week. I don't care if I get free laundry or a gift in the room. I cruise for the ship and itinerary. So John I apologize in advance for the amount of stupid getting ready to come your way.

Perk? It's not a perk. You paid to be on that ship, it reads as if you feel lucky they allowed you to purchase your vacation "get to be on a ship for a week" you get to do whatever you paid for.

As for me, I feel that I have stayed loyal

to their cruise brand and they should offer perks (outside of letting me buy my family a cabin on their ship). I stay at Hyatt because of the perks, yeah I like the hotel, but enjoy the Marriott just as much if not more, however my "perks" at Hyatt make me keep coming back. Good business. I hope Carnival chooses to do the same.

interesting that that pdf recap disaster started on the same day the concordia quietly laid down on its side.

so why is it that people keep so close track to JH?? why is he on your facebook? i mean really why? unless you personally know him.. he is just a person that works for a company that you like to use.

kinda stalkerish

You know what I think.....the reason why people don't like JH so much? Because now the masses of people have someone to go to at the source, who can get answers. It means it makes it harder for them to spread rumors and lies and falsehoods. Some of the lies and misinformation that is said here can easily be either confirmed or denied. It makes some of the people here less important in the grand scheme of things.

Is JH a saint? No. He may mis-speak (mostly because he is fed the wrong info by the higher ups, or he feels like he needs to say something about something because he is constantly asked things that he doesn't know the answer to). Carnival doesn't always make decisions that I like--that's because they're in business to make money, and to make as much of it as they possibly can, while trying to keep the majority of people happy and continue to choose them as a cruise line. My approach to Carnival is to try to get a good vacation at as great a deal as I possibly can. Those two things are fundamentally opposite, and it means that I and Carnival will disagree on many things. But overall, JH doesn't need to be slammed for any of that. Unless you think that you deserve to be slammed and dragged through the mud just because you like getting a paycheck from your job.

Archived