Luggage size on cruisetours in AK

framer

Before I went on my cruisetour in AK I search for what size luggage would fit under your seat or overhead bins could never get a solid answer.

Train has a large area under the seats that can fit 1-standard size carryon roller like you take on a plane. There still room for other personal items as well.

Bus carryon also has enough room for a standard size carryon roller 10x17x24 under your seat not the seat in front like an airplane. The overhead bins allow 8 x 17 x 24 or other personal items to be stored. The driver also placed a few bags under the coach for those folks not wanting to carry them on the bus.

I would not recommend anything bigger.

I hope this helps others looking for this info.

framer

Not always true. I've ridden the train four times and each time had a different amount of space for my personal belongings. The seats are assigned so if you get a seat assignment with very little space you end up holding everything in your lap, or taking all your foot room. I also was in a variety of busses, with different amounts of space. The most spacious areas I found were when i took the conniosuer tour with Princess.

Those are very different than the 17x14x4 size that Princess has on their website.

There was not one person on the bus that had a bag that small. Many carryon rollers. They never mention that the driver can but bags under the bus for you as well.

framer

Just to be clear, when I said under your seat I'm talking about the pair of seats for one bag.

Archived