Upgrade DOS Excitement!!

doberlady

my Star sailing has gone down in price twice since I have made final payment. Last week they gave me a $300 future cruise credit.

Today I upgraded from a SJ to a SA (deluxe owners suite) for the 5 of us it was $500

I am really excited. PCC seemed kinda annoyed at me as I was trying to work this out all morning. Said I can't have new luggage tags.

I asked about what extra perks we would receive in the DOS and she said I would have to call a different number.

I thought I would receive 3 bottles of something plus water and soda?

We are cabin 12500. Hope we like it!!! What are the sleeping arrangements for 5??

There was a recent thread that outlines all the suite perks, by various levels Hopefully you can search and find it. I'd help, but I am on an iphone.

Way to go. Whoo hoo!!!

my Star sailing has gone down in price twice since I have made final payment. Last week they gave me a $300 future cruise credit.

Today I upgraded from a SJ to a SA (deluxe owners suite) for the 5 of us it was $500

I am really excited. PCC seemed kinda annoyed at me as I was trying to work this out all morning. Said I can't have new luggage tags.

I asked about what extra perks we would receive in the DOS and she said I would have to call a different number.

We are cabin 12500. Hope we like it!!! What are the sleeping arrangements for 5??

Congratulations,

We upgraded to the DOS on the STAR in April, our best cruise so far.

You will have 3 bottles of liquor, plus all the water, soda...and mixers you want. You'll also have a bottle of french champagne. There are reserved seats in the theater, but they don't have the best views. Concierge, should be Monica, is awsome....she can get you into the Chocoholic buffet early. There is an ipod dock, and bose music system in the suite. Several flat screen tv's, including one above the bath tub. There are binocculars, bathrobes, and slippers in the cabin to use. There is a laptop computer in the suite, but doesn't include any internet time. There are 2 DVD players, and a book listing all the DVD's you can request from your Butler.

Cagney's for breakfast and lunch is an awsome perk.

You can find some videos of the cabin on youtube...:)

Sleeping arrangements....2 in the big bedroom, 2 in the small bedroom...one on the sleeper sofa. You also have 2 full bathrooms, which will come in handy.

Oh super. Thanks. I was so unsure. The SJ really looked awesome. We had already paid for a bottle of vodka with the bar setup. I am afraid to ask my PCC for a refund as I thi k it would throw her over the edge LOL. Do you think they would give me a refund for it ??

I did not realize we would also get unlimited soda and water!!

The master bedroom looks amazing !!!

Oh. And plus I was able to keep the Amex $500 OBC that we had. Now we have so much alcohol and can't use the OBC towards tips that we have to spend the $500!

Just buy a few more Future Cruise Certificates...lol :D

We were really spoiled in the DOS, your gonna love it.

Oh super. Thanks. I was so unsure. The SJ really looked awesome. We had already paid for a bottle of vodka with the bar setup. I am afraid to ask my PCC for a refund as I thi k it would throw her over the edge LOL. Do you think they would give me a refund for it ??

I did not realize we would also get unlimited soda and water!!

The master bedroom looks amazing !!!

We told the cabin steward to never close the drapes in the cabin, and enjoyed waking up to the awsome view each morning.

There are some cute twinkle lights above the tub in the bathroom...and the tv to watch while soaking and drinking champagne.

We had a few parties each afternoon trying to get rid of all the alcohol...we had CC friends in all 4 of the DOS's...so we had a lot to get rid of. Our butler, Henry, was so great but didn't really understand we were doing our best to get rid of the alcohol....so when he knew we were having guests he kept bringing in more bottles of champagne...lol

You'll also get afternoon snacks, let your butler know what you like (chocolate covered strawberries, cookies, chips, ect) to snack on and you won't get the mystery items.

Congratulations on your upgrade. There are some PCCs that are better than others. You may try a different one next time. Mine has been great about helping me figure out what's best for me in different situations. He is my third one with NCL. The first one quit and gave me to someone else. She was ok but I just didn't get excited about working with her. A couple of cruises ago I was wanting an answer to a question and didn't get her on the phone so called back and just talked to a guy that answered. He knew that I was already assigned to a PCC but went out of his way to help me. I told him after a couple of more calls that I wanted him to become my permanent PCC and now it is so. I was able to get a cruise I had booked with the second PCC transferred to him. Remember that you are the customer and you need to feel good about the service you receive.

I just don't know why she sounded annoyed with me. She kept putting me on hold with this rushed tone.

I called the regular number a few times over the past year and every time they insisted I be transfered to my PCC's line.

This trip is not cheap and I expected her to be a tad more helpful.

You'll love the DOS...Congratulations. If you tender anywhere you'll get priority tendering. We would meet up with the concierge, go down in a service elevator and right onto the tender without waiting in the long lines.

I would ask for a refund on the bottle of vodka. Remember they are being paid while you talk to them on the phone..it is their job. Don't let their mood sway you.

We too were upgraded and just crossed out the number on our luggage tags and wrote in the new one with a sharpie and all was fine.

ENJOY!!!

I will change with a sharpie then. I thought the PCC would have been happy as I paid for the upgrade and so did my parents. I had no idea it was 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom until I looked it up after the upgrade. I asked about the cabin and she just kept talking and didn't answer any of my questions.

When I asked anything about perks for the DOS she emailed me this below. I am going to call them and ask for the refund. Between my parents and us we will have too many bottles as it is!! I hope my M&G has a cabin crawl as I am good at sharing :)

We have a new wonderful Concierge Desk that will be able to assist you with all of your cabin needs for this cruise. You can reach them Monday through Friday normal business hours at: 1.855. NCL HAVEN (6254283). They will have a list of available mixers and garnishes and will be able to customize for your needs.

Since you had ordered vodka I assume that is your alcohol of choice...Absolute is on the list you will be choosing from. I asked for Grey Goose and the butler had no problem getting it for me. Worth a try.

no, I have been tracking the pricing. I saw that there was a price drop so I called her to upgrade to a DOS. Price was $500 more.

My parents also upgraded to the DOS. Now I just spoke to my mom and she said she would rather stay in the SJ after seeing pics as there is just 2 of them.

Great. I don't think they will let her cancel the upgrade and issue a refund for the upgrade she paid for????

I have been a really easy customer. 99% of our communication is via email. I just ask for info every now and again. Other then this upgrade I have never asked for anything exept making the ressie and ordering bar set-up. She didn't want to handle the bar set-up either but she did. I asked her to email me the bar list and it was an issue but then she sent it.

Maybe I am a PITA but I do not think so. We are spending a lot of money. I think everything I have asked for is part of her job. I am sweet as pie and always make sure to thank her so much etc.

I have NO idea what to do about my mother's upgrade or what NCL will say regarding switching back and getting a refund of the upgrade price.

I need more coffee......................

I would simply call and tell them what you would like to do. While being very nice, form it in statement not a question. On reservation # my parents have decided they do not want the OS and would like to go back to the level they originally booked. I would like to cancel my alcohol order. Then, go from there. I find it helpful to write down what I want the outcome of the conversation to be. Never apologize for bothering them or being a PITA...you're probably not and even if you are they are in the customer service business...comes with the territory. As long as people are not rude, PITA is acceptable.

Now if they can't go back from the OS, it looks like you have 7 total in your group. Maybe you can "lend" your parents someone from your room. At the very least you will have a place without the clutter of 5 people to go and relax on the deck with you parents. Not so bad.

Good luck.

I checked to make sure there were SJ's available.

I called the main NCL number and a very nice woman took care of it ASAP. They are back in an SJ and one 4 cabins down from us and they refunded the upgrade amount without hesitation

Very happy with NCL for that.

Thanks for all of your input.!

Archived