Pilates on HAL?

cjm66

Amsterdam and vole dam offered mat Pilates classes either I dividually or as a series ( with a price break). I did not actually participate as my budget went to yoga held in the morning. ( Pilates was afternoon and not at a good time for me). They also had a reformer on both ships and offered private sessions on it.

All HAL ships have Pilates classes.

The cost is $12 per class - but on some ships -- if you sign up for all the classes -- they will give you a small discount. I noticed on our last cruise that the times for some of the classes were at weird times -- a couple of them were at 5 PM!!

All HAL ships have Pilates classes.

The cost is $12 per class - but on some ships -- if you sign up for all the classes -- they will give you a small discount. I noticed on our last cruise that the times for some of the classes were at weird times -- a couple of them were at 5 PM!!

Thanks Krazy Kruiser - I was not a Pilates fan on my last HAL cruise so did not notice. Hope the iming on the Oosterdam is OK> I don't mind 5pm as we dine later.

Colleen

Thanks for posting questions about pilates. I tried earlier and didn't get any responses. We are on the Eurodam and I would love to get at least one session on the reformer, but will settle for mat if that is all that is offered.

While Amsterdam and volendam both had reformers, I only saw one person us it- one of the trainers worked out on it. There was a card that said private sessions were available. I am not sure if anyone would say anything if you just used it (assuming of course familiarity with it). I got the impression the sign was to tell those unfamiliar with it was it was.

Does anyone know if a pax MUST pay for a session to use it?

~TC

Archived