Majesty of the Seas - WiFi??

I *thought so, but maybe not? I found this on RC's website:

Our Wi-Fi service provides easy-to-use Internet access for you to surf the net and send or receive e-mail 24 hours a day using your own laptop and Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo or any Web-based ISP.

Find Ships That Feature This

1. Is Wi-Fi available throughout the ship?

The service is available throughout the ship for Freedom, Liberty and Independence of the Seas® .

For all ships (excluding the Freedom Family of Ships) the service is available in designated hot spots throughout the ship. For more information, contact Guest Services.

2. Is Wi-Fi available in my stateroom?

Wi-Fi is available in your stateroom using your own laptop for Freedom, Liberty and Independence of the Seas®.

For all ships (excluding the Freedom Family of Ships), Wi-Fi is not available within your stateroom.

For more information, contact Guest Services.

I think that Majesty of the Seas doesn't have ship-wide WiFi, but instead has it in various public area hotspots around the ship. Our cabin was located on deck 3 somewhat near the Centrum, so we were able to access the WiFi from our cabin, but that's probably more of a fortunate circumstance of location rather than all cabins being able to access it as far as I know.

Thanks for the research Annemarie - unfortunately I don't think that has been updated because we've been on both Radiance and Jewel lately and both had WiFi available shipwide including in our cabin.

At least knowing they have WiFi hotspots is great - now I know to bring my computer.

Thanks again.

We have been on the Majesty about 20 times, most recently two weeks ago- no wifi signal anywhere we tried.

We're back!

This comment is very interesting because there was WiFi everywhere including perfect WiFi in our cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off Majesty today and were in cabins 8032 and 8034... The deck 7 computer center was nearby below one deck. We could get WiFi in the cabin sporadically, but it was quite slow. Not too slow when sitting in the computer center, though.

so where there's a hotspot, i should also be able to connect to the wifi with my iphone (to get my email), correct?

Just a note of explanation that before your iPhone will have internet access, you will have to go to one of the public PC's on board, swipe your SeaPass card, and create a wireless username and password. Then when you connect to the wireless with your iPhone, you will have to enter the username and password. I'm not sure if the iPhone will prompt automatically. If not, just bring up Safari, go to any website, and you should be redirected to the wireless logon screen. Once you are logged in, then the other apps on the iPhone will have internet access.

Be sure to keep the Safari page open (or bookmark it) so you can log off and stop the charges to your SeaPass account.

Archived