Fantasy Dress Codes

dustanltye

We're getting ready to go on our 4th Fantasy cruise and the dress code is the same on any other Carnival or RCCL cruise we've been on. I wear a ball room skirt and top for one formal night and an evening gown for the second formal night. Many women wear cocktail short dresses or little black dresses with nice shoes and bags. You can get really cute evening bags on board for $10 by the way.

The other nights, are more casual of course. I wear nice pants or khakis (never jeans or shorts) with a blouse or a skirt (short or long). Maxi dresses with nice sandals would be good too. I never wear flip flops or t-shirts in the dining room.

Dress code is dress shorts on regular nights, or long pants or pretty much anything except ball caps or mens sleeveless ts, (but the men totally ignore the rules anyway and not enforced).

But you can wear shorts .. and on elegant night you can wear anything from capris and a nice top to as above .. really dress to the 9s.. whatever you want to wear, except shorts, tennis shoes and tees on elegant night. Even a cotton sun dress is enough on elegant night.

not much enforcement to be honest, as Ive seen everything.

The closest I have ever seen to enforcement was a bunch of teens with baseball caps worn backwards that the maitre d requested to be removed.

During the announcement of no wife beaters or baseball caps .. two men at the table next to me wore them during the announcement they were against the rules .. they never flinched and continued to wear them all cruise.. just those teens once I saw someone talk to.

From carnival.com on What To Wear (I only included dining room portion)

Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops,

bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

I found Fantasy to be very, very casual.

Archived