Early Dinner / Room Service

For The First Time, I've Selected Early Dinner Seating. I Now Realize That We Will Possibly Be In Cozumel When Dinner Starts. Would The Dinner Menu Be Available From Room Service? I Know I Could Eat At The Buffet, But I Love The Dining Room Experience. I'll be on Navigator of the Seas.

I've seen many posts saying you can order room service off the dining room menu during dinner hours. In fact, my husband and I set off on our Southern Caribbean cruise on Adventure last September intending to do this most nights. When we inquired at the guest relations desk mid-afternoon on the first full day about getting a menu we were told "I don't think so, but let me make a few phone calls." Eventually someone told her we could do it, but from the time we ordered we should expect up to a 2 hour wait until it would be delivered...and we were told that not all menu selections would be available. We then went to the dining room asn asked some of the wait staff who were setting up if the room service option was available - they went to get an assistant maitr-'d who told us flat out "no" So, in our experience we were not able to order room service off the dining room menu during dinner hours. We were in a balcony cabin...perhaps if we'd had a suite they would have been more accommodating?? I just want to share our experience so someone doesn't get the heart set on in-cabin dining only to find out, as we did, that it's not available. -- Don't get me wrong, you can order snadwiches and salads off the regular room service menu anytime, but it's not the same as lobster and flourless chocolate cake!!

The dining room was open when we were in port in Cozumel. It was for the regular seatings. If I remember correctly, when we were in San Juan on the Horizon, there was open seating for dinner that night. I have never heard of the dining room being closed though. There are always those people who choose to stay on the ship and some of them do not like to eat in the Windjammer during lunch, so I bet the dining room is open for lunch, too.

Michelle

If you can order more than what is on the room service menu in the cabin, but it has to be something that is being served at that point in time, how does one actually know what is being served? Do they make menus available for the duration of the cruise right up front? If so, how do you get a copy of them?:o

Each day, the menu for the dining room that night is displayed in a case outside the dining room. They also have a book in the room that has all the menus (with some variations). All you need to do and find out what night is which and then you'll have the menu.

We've ordered what was on the dinner menu for room service during the dinner hours and always gotten it with no problem (and we were not in a suite). The wait is 1/2 to 1 hour, don't remember any longer then that. Haven't ever tried it on Lobster night but have on other formal nights. It may be different depending on the ship and staff but it won't hurt to try!

We've had room service off the dining room menu - including lobster. The only thing that wasn't available was dessert, I believe. At least I don't recall ever getting dessert from room service. I can recall two cruises where we've had lobster delivered.

Last Sept. on the Explorer, we had room service off the dining room menu by calling for it during our seating time. Everything available in the dining room was available on the menu. I enjoyed it and plan on doing it again in Oct. Go for it!

My wife and I have had no problem ordering room service for dinner several times from the dinning room menu (Navigator and Brilliance). One time we had four people ordering (we were sailing from St. Thomas). We placed our orders from our cabin phone and delivery was usually made within a half an hour.

It was a wonderful experience having a full dinner on our balcony while sailing out of port.

Bob

I wish I had known this the night I was so sick from mal de mare. My poor husband could have had more than a cold sandwich, poor guy. even tho I have sailed RCI many times this is one of those things a board like this is essential to know!

We were late seating last week, and since Cozumel didn't require to be back on board until 6:30, the early seating didn't start until, I believe, 6:45 as our late seating was pushed back to 8:45. Either way, you should be fine to make it to dinner or as everyone else posted, to get room service.

Archived